Where is Bambu support?

I just received my machine and have major issues getting it up and running. I tried putting in a ticket but apparently I need a micro SD card to dump the log files to before I can even submit a ticket.

One error related to a failed Lidar and another error is with AMS clogged up on the very first load.

Is there a way to just get a ticket in?

Hi, Just use the Handy App to submit. It can upload the logs for you. Submitting a ticket for these issues without logs will lead nowhere.

1 Like

I use a desktop and do not have access to Bambu Handy.

In addition, a clogged AMS at the very insertion point would not be part of any log. It’s an external issue that I cannot find any reference to.

It doesn’t hurt, does it? Just pull the logs from the SD card or via FTP and attach them to the ticket. (There is an SD Card in your printer, it will contain the logs)

1 Like

Read the submittal form and the answers will be right there. Follow the links.

From those links, you’ll be taken to a Wiki page that practically holds your hand through the process. Short of them making a house call, I’m not sure they could make this any easier.

…shhhhh… here’s a dirty little secret…

You do not actually need to correctly fill out any of the information to submit a form. Yes, that’s right, even if you get stuck on the input form page and can’t go any further, just open up notepad and create “Blank.txt” and upload it, it’s that simple. The submittal page does no error checking and or data validation.

… But! …

If you want a quality answer from tech support, you’ll find that following their process and providing the logs they request upfront will prompt a much quicker response than a vague request such as ‘I’m stuck’ with no details about the issue.

BTW: Given that the Bambu printer has numerous YouTube walkthroughs, did you visit their YouTube page (linked from their Wiki)? It gives a step-by-step video of how to set up ‘Out of the box’. You may not realize that you missed a step in the setup.

I appreciate your response but I just received a $1,500 machine and it did not work out of the box. And your suggesting that I do all that research when the initial self test does not work? The machine does not even come with a micro SD card (which I will buy today) to submit logs. Any other company that sells equipment that fails out of the box has some sort of straightforward support, either for returns or support.

FYI-I tried to submit a ticket with the “dirty little secret” before your message, but it would not accept txt files. I wound up submitting a ticket for a damaged arrival product to get some attention.

Steve

That does indeed sound like a factory shipping issue that they missed in QC. Unless there has been a change, this would be the first occasion that I’ve seen where a customer didn’t receive an SD card preinstalled. I feel your pain.

Did you try naming “Blank.log” as opposed to “blank.txt”. It sounds like they may have matured the form submittal page and added some data validation since the last time I used it.

I feel your pain and there seems to be a lot of that sort of issues going on at Bambu lately. I mean show me another product one spends $1,500 for and can’t get phone support?

However, to temper your expectations somewhat, despite whatever might be in those glossy Bambu brochures, 3D printing still hasn’t completely graduated from the “Science project” phase and is a long way from being just a plug-and-go experience that we all have become accustomed to with desktop laser or inkjet printers. However, I’d also remind folks of the early days of inkjet technology, which, back in the day, was far less evolved than where Bambu is today. Nevertheless, Bambu is still writing checks their mouths can’t cash by promising an out-of-the-box experience of less than 20 minutes for your first print. So again, I feel your pain, but I don’t think you’ll find a plug-and-go replacement anytime soon. If you do, please let us know.

Perhaps once a mainstream company like a Dell, HP or Lexmark enters the market and sells the product for not only cheaper but better support, only then will we see substantive change in the 3D printer arena.

I appreciate your sound writing and putting your thoughts out.

Apparently, according to the information on-line, the SD card no longer comes with the machine. I have two perfectly good micro SD cards in the house which I forgot about. The first one showed ‘no card’ when inserted, but the second one now at least says there is a card installed and needs to be formatted. Initially I thought the ribbon cable had a problem since it did not even recognize the first card was installed! Formatting now…

As for support. I guess that I am spoiled by Prusa chat and support. For Bambu I have no issue with support after a machine is working, but day of arrival problems should be treated differently. My opinion for any product.

Let’s see how my day 2 goes!

Teamwork,
Steve

Since you have been so kind in trying to help and offer suggestions, it is only right that I finally mention some good news.

Yesterday, I had attempted to calibrate many times, always running into different fatal Lidar errors at various stages. I powered off and restarted the system many times and even tried to do a print but always ended with a Lidar error. So, today, after getting my SD card formatted and inserted, ready for a system dump, I had a successful calibration and printing a benchy now. All I can say for the Lidar is to keep using the machine to see if it reappears.

I do still have the AMS slot one clogged up and will put in a ticket for that, now that I can properly fill out the ticket with all the info required (even if a system dump has no bearing on the problem). I cannot see me taking the whole AMS apart at this time and would rather go through the ticket for that.

Thank you for your patience.

Teamwork,
Steve

1 Like