Where to get spare screws for Bambulab printers?

Hi

I did exchange the heatbed of my X1C because it was heavily warped. During that update I found that some of the screws for the side panels were missing. I asked Bambulab support if they can provide me some spare screws to fix that, but currently they can not.

The screws should be M3x4mm with flat head. Unfortunately I will have no chance to find those screws in a local store.

Does anyone know where to get spare screws for Bambulab printers?

Seriously??? :dizzy_face: Where does one get anything these days? The Internet.

I found that having a box of assorted M3 screws actually has many benefits when creating working parts. Here’s a box that purchased some time ago that also are identical to the Bambu screws except they come in multiple lengths. That have the same button head hex nuts that are used on the Bambu Lab printers so you won’t know the difference.

https://a.co/d/b8ZHxDz
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VRC7ZL5/

2 Likes

I know aliexpress :wink: The screws of the side cover are M3x4mm, which are missing in that set. 6mm might work as well, but you are never sure.

Then there are as well non metric screws for plastic. Therefore, I hoped that maybe someone has found a kit specific for Bambulab.

Well, you can be sure. All of the sheet metals screws are M3s. I found that the m3*4 are just a tad too short for installing add on plastic such as skins for the P1. I’ve swapped most out for M3x6. The only places you need to be careful when putting in a longer screw is where there might be electronics underneath but so far, I have yet to find such a place on the standard printer outside of the print head. There you will want to use the exact length screw that you take out.

As far as a kit goes. Since these are so ubiquitous and found everywhere, it’s unlikely you’ll find anyone willing to come up with a kit. But if you do, then post it here so others with your question can find it.

I took off the extruder to clear some filament that got jammed due to heat creep, and one of the two screws that attaches the filament guide at the top of the extruder dropped and vanished from existence.
Where can I get replacements for these screws? They are not M3, and not even metric.

This is a question best sent to tech support but before you do. Why do you believe the screws are not metric?

On the topic of lost screws. Most of the use-serviceable screws are m3 but you could try m2.5 too. These are readily available all over the Internet(see above). It’s always worth having a box of assorted screws on hand no matter what. In my experience, m2.5 to M3 are the most common in small systems. There are other screws for System Builders but I don’t want to go too far off topic unless there is interest.

This is a question best sent to tech support but before you do. Why do you believe the screws are not metric?

Because I have the other screw. It’s clearly a coarser thread than M3.
It’s one of these screws, and it’s a P1S hotend:

1 Like

Common machine thread pitches for a 3mm diameter screw (M3) are 0.35 mm and 0.50 mm.

But you are right, it’s not M3. It is a stepped M2 with a 0.7 pitch that I don’t think you will find in an assortment of screws or at your local hardware store

If there is the slightest chance that it remains inside the printer, I would keep looking for it until I found it. Loose screws can damage other parts.

Even if it vanished from a work table, I would keep looking just to avoid the hassle of getting a replacement from Bambu. A very bright LED flashlight often helps find small parts in dark corners or even on open floors. Even tiny parts make long shadows if the light is held horizontal and close to the floor.

Now that I’ve see the photo, the technical term for that kind of screw is a shoulder screw. Here’s a search term on Amazon but the only thing that popped up were M3.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Hex+Button+Head+Shoulder+Screw

Also, the Internet is flooded with local and online sources such as Grainger, McMaster Carr and I even saw some on Ali Express and eBay. So if Bambu isn’t helpful, there are options.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hex+shoulder+screws

Did you have any luck finding spare-screws so far? I’m looking for the exact same one …

A normal screw with a collar would work just as well. Could even cut down a bit of brass tubing (the hobby store type) or just print the collar :slight_smile:

Well, I struggle to even get this M2 pitch 0.7 stepping screw at all …

BT3-10 Screws might be the size but not positive. It’s the size listed for the A1 but I could not find the ones listed for the P1 series anywhere. it would be nice if screws came with the spare/replacement parts, like they do with the A1. Here is a list of screws for the P1P Enclosure Kit but may not be included in the kit because they are not listed. I’m starting to suspect their wiki and Store are not correct.

Model Position Drawing
Screw A BT2*5 Toolhead housing (4PCS)
Screw B BT2*8 The cover of cable chain(1PCS)
Screw C BT3*8 The lower hinge (2PCS/1PCS)
Screw D ST2*3.5 The Upper hinge (2PCS)
Screw E ST3*8 Spool holder (2PCS)
Screw F BT3*5 The rear panel and front cover (4PCS+1PCS)
Screw G ST3*4.5 The rear panel and front cover (9PCS+2PCS)
Screw H BT3*6 The left & right panel (12PCS+12PCS)
Screw I ST3*4.5 The rear part of the panels (4PCS+4PCS)
Screw J ST2*3.5 The top part of the panel (4PCS+4PCS)
Screw K BT3*12 Aux. part cooling fan (2PCS)
Screw L M2*5 Heat sink (2PCS)
Screw M BT2*6 The air duct (3PCS)
Screw N M3*3 Front glass door (4PCS)
1 Like

Did you manage to find a replacement for these?

I’ve just had the exact same issue; no idea where the bloody thing has gone!

It seems it should not be an issue to operate the printer without this, as it is only used to help release the PTFE tube from the hotend and one does hold the piece in place, but I’d certainly rather have it!

I did find the screw that dropped, somehow it ended up in my tool box. but I couldn’t find a place to buy replacement ones.

I often use a strong magnet if I am searching for screws… Or a dyson could help also.

1 Like

I‘ve tried to find it for a long time. Have tried to use normal M2 screw but it didn’t work. :joy: Now the this screw top has already broken, will have a last try if you can find a suitable screw :rofl:

Well, interesting. I raised this question to the support, and they told me they don’t provide any spare screws, but I should us an M2x6 screw.

1 Like

M2 shoulder screws show up too on amazon in the U.S.

Shoulder Screws M2, 304 Stainless Steel Shoulder Bolts, Plug Limit Screw, Round Head Bearing Bolt, Inner Hex Positioned Stripper Bolts

@CDS_GER did you have any luck with an M2x6 screw?