Which slicer do you prefer, Bambu Studio or Orca Slicer

• Bambu Studio
  • Orca Slicer
0 voters

For Newbies:
Just in case there are folks new to Bambu Lab and 3D printing. You have a choice in slicers. For those of you not familiar with what that means. This video below does a reasonably good job of explaining the differences. Other than feature sets, the two are functionally identical and can co-reside on the same machine, so you aren’t forced to use one or the other, you can use both and decide for yourself.

The current version as of this post is 1.7 however, this video featuring ver 1.4 from a couple of months ago pretty much summarizes the differences. It’s one of the shorter videos out there but if you skip to time index 2:39 for the comparison and then skip ahead to 11:31 for the calibration tools portion, you’ll pretty much cover all the meat without having to sit through the entire 16:48 video.

The link is set to youtu.be/MqkC-STieww?t=152 just in case this link below doesn’t work just copy and past into your browser URL.

I’ve only been using Bambu so far, but I’m going to check Orca out this evening and see. It looks promising.

using Orca most of the time, the only downside is the updates that includes changes from Bambu takes some time but overall more features and a bit better expirience with Orca

Orca is OK, but i dont like it as much as BS.

What do you like better about BS? I’ve only had Orca for about a week and haven’t seen anything BS had that Orca doesn’t. But there are a handful of features Orca has that BS doesn’t, though you don’t have to use them.

Guess I’m just wondering why BS would be preferable?

1 Like

I can’t get Bambo Studio to load - keep getting an Open GL error even though I have the correct graphics card that is up to date. I am going to look at this to see if I can get this to load and use instead!

Using OrcaSlicer since slicing is a lot faster than BambuStudio (with the settings I need to use, e.g. Arachne).

I was actually surprised that it’s 100% as compfortable to use with my P1S compared to BambuStudio. Just works the same, sending and monitoring prints. The calibration functions are nice too.

Sounds like the new Intel CPU issue where the CPU needs to be down clocked. If you Google it you will find heaps about it.