Will it fit in the R1?

I laser engrave LOTS of cutting boards on my CNC with a diode laser. It’s reliable and flexible but really slow for a number of reasons. I can see that the R1 could really speed up the engraving but can’t figure out if my major use case will work on the new machine.

The maple cutting boards measure 405mm long, 330mm wide and 38mm tall. I only need to engrave the lower 2/3rds of the board surface, so the cutting area falls within the specifications for the R1. Question is whether it’s possible fit a board like that in the R1 for engraving? I’m hoping use of the riser base would let me get the board under the laser head, with the ‘top’ of the board sticking out the back of the R1 riser base. But from what I can tell with conveyor in place the opening height is only 20mm. Does the height of the opening increase without the conveyor in place, as I don’t need a conveyor, just an adequate opening area.

The specs say “maximum standalone material size of 710 × 380 mm” so I think it would fit inside the machine without the riser or conveyor if you remove the slats to get additional height. The one question I’d have is if the brackets that hold the slats would be in the way.