Will Multi-AMS Lite be possible?

Good morning. I know that I could purchase a P1, or X1 but I’m wondering if there is a plan at some point to support Multiple AMS Lite devices on a single A1 or A1-mini. They each have multiple connection points (2 on A1 mini, and 3 on A1) and before I purchase my next printer, I’m wondering if, at some point, there will be a firmware release that will make multiple AMS possible on the A1 line of printers.

I have seen lots of speculation on YouTube, but I’ve not seen anything official from Bambu Labs.

Thank you.

Unlikely I think that they will add the ability for more AMS lites to be joined together - as having 8 or more ptfe’s going to the to of the print head would start to cause issues I think.

More technically practical would be adding normal x1/p1 AMS’s into or instead of one or more of the AMS lite 's 4 channels if BL wanted to upgrade the firmware to allow it.

I also believe it would be feasible to add. Palette2 or 3 into one or more of the AMS lite’s channels - using an upgrade or wrapper around the p2pp Prusa slicer post processor,

1 Like

They just need to create a hub but im not sure how much aux power the mini can supply.

They could create a hub that has an external power supply like a usb-c phone charger type deal. This would provide 20-60 watts, which is more than enough to run the motors in the ams lite

1 Like