Windows screen saver being blocked

With Bambu Studio open even without the camera actively playing, my windows machines won’t go into screen saver / the screen off. I have tested it on my Windows 10 laptop and my Windows 11 desktop.

Is this common? It shouldn’t be like that unless I have the camera actively playing.

I don’t know about the screen saver since I don’t use one. My screen stays on when I have the camera active. If I don’t have it active, it works fine.

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t have a screen saver either, it just turns off the monitor or blanks it until I come back.

Odd, I’ve made sure the camera is off and I’m on a another tap but still get the same issue of the screen staying on all the time. I close the program and 1 minute later the screen is off.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, can someone at Bambu labs weigh in here?

1 Like

Same here. It is bad for OLED monitor. Even bambu slicer minimalised , doesn`t allow to work screensaver correctly.

My power settings call for my PC display to shut down after the period of keyboard/mouse inactivity that I set. Studio video works exactly as I expect and want.

If Studio video monitoring is not in use, the screen blanks at the preset time. I can stop the video on the Device tab or just switch to another tab, which also stops the video.

If the video is active (minimized or not), the screen does not shut down. That is the same as watching any other video on my PC. Requiring a recurring key or mouse action to keep the video playing would be a major annoyance.

1 Like