Wireless Mouse 02

Can you change out the 3d printed parts in the wireless mouse hardware kit if you want to change the colors or are you stuck with the original? I know you will not have pads on the bottom but is everything else switchable?

The hardware kits do not come with any 3d printed parts. You do the printing, you choose the colors.

I might be misinterpreting your question though…

Yeah, after you put it together, can you print it again in different colors and change the 3d printed parts out/move them over into the new different colored parts? Or once you build it, it is permanent.

@Assassin

Yes you can. The mouse can be completely disassembled afterwards (5 screws). But yes you might have to find replacement parts for the pads. You could probably unglue them a couple of times but that’s not the best solution over time.

Ok, thanks!

You could probably unglue them a couple of times but that’s not the best solution over time.
That’s fine, the mouse pad will work just fine instead of the pads.

1 Like

How do you add LEDs inside it? I’ve seen some with the glowing inside of the mouse.

As far as I know, you put no LED’s in it, just the one that comes with it for the movement of the mouse. You might just be seeing that LED.

The whole point of the hardware kits is that you can adapt the designs or use the kit for your brand new design.

This my or may not include LEDs as you choose what you design.

ive seen a couple using green, blue, or red. looks cool but idk how or where to wire some leds in there.

Without knowing what you saw I can’t be 100% certain, but, I could be 99%.

They have either added a tiny circuit board inside their design that works independently from the components that comes from the hardware kit.

I have the hardware mouse kit and the board is a basic single purpose board and doesn’t have anything built in to attach LEDs to.

You would have to learn some coding for an IC like ESP32 or Arduino or the tiny Raspberry Pi board as well as understanding how to illuminate the LEDs in the code and then decide what causes the LEDs to function. It could be movement, button presses, random or other inputs, most of which would require you either piggy back on the existing circuit board from the kit (not easy, certainly not for beginners) or figure out another way to detect those inputs.

This isn’t a beginner’s task and if you weren’t a beginner, you would need to ask.

Of course it could be nothing more than a very short led strip with an extra battery hidden inside and an external remote, although I’m not sure that would be useful.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be so cool. Do you have any pictures? I would love to do that.

the ones that i saw are gone now. one had a “breathing” light tho.