WLAN connection breaks down

Yep. An ethernet port would be great, but I guess we won’t see one. Also the wifi chip they use is a 10 yr old+ design. Totally outdated. And, issues with coexisting with a 5G wifi? That’s becoming the standard. Very annoying I had to split my network just for Bambu. I’m surprised since they did such a great engineering job on the rest of the printer.

I’ve literally just had this - X1C all absolutely fine since setup; now all of a sudden it won’t connect to (any) wifi. It can see the networks but will not connect. Not my main router; not a hotspot. Nothing else has changed. Printed something just fine yesterday.

According to the control panel, there is a firmware update queued but as far as I can tell not applied (01.07.03)… says currently on 01.07.02. Which is supposed to fix intermittent wifi issue! (en/x1/manual/X1-X1C-AMS-firmware-release-history - apparently I’m not allowed to include links to their own manual in here)

I don’t know if it would have automatically installed, or whether going forward, or possibly rolling back might help?

It is really seeming like this is a firmware issue, so if you can roll back, give it a try.

Would love to try but you can’t! To do that in Handy needs the printer to be online…

What’s odd is all of a sudden the printer will connect to the wifi (gets an IP address which I can ping from other machine) but it’s still not ‘online’ - Handy and Studio can’t connect to it.

Now the option to upgrade the firmware is gone too.

This is so annoying.

@mattt : I’ve read some people report that a factory reset allowed them to set the WiFi up again, and then apply a firmware update or roll back using Handy.

No WiFi issues IME on OTA version 01.07.03.00 (20240408) on an X1C.

However, the NIC only connects to 2.4GHz on many (all?) routers. Annoying but it took only 5 mins to create a separate SSID/network.

The network test says it can hit the router and also the Internet. Latency is maybe higher than I’d expect but…

Thanks. There is clearly some weird things going on here. I think I’ve resolved it - was trying e.g., LAN only mode and nothing, then… back in normal mode, deleted the device from Bambu Handy and rebound it, and boom all of a sudden it is back to life, even Bambu Studio now sees it.

And it is now again offering me the firmware upgrade to 1.7.3… (which had disappeared) - slightly nervous to do it, but may anyway.

Interesting. Your symptoms pretty much matched what I had, printer clearly connected, sending and receiving packets, but claimed to be disconnected. I did factory resets, lan only. Factory reset forces a rebind, I think. But, sometimes after all the magic, it would work. For a short time, then go back to fail mode. Again, no issues since I replaced the AP board. Strange thing was that it would connect to my phone hotspot. It would be nice if Bambu would actually tell us what’s going on instead of basically ignoring the problem.

I really hate issues like this… appear and disappear for no discernible or reproducible reason and leave you guessing and wondering if they’ll happen again. Makes you question the software engineering side of it.

Literally the only thing I’d done was load a new spool of ABS… that shouldn’t have done anything, right! Who knows.

Have updated to 1.7.3… fingers crossed it behaves.

I´ve just solved this issue. My printer was connected to wi-fi and Bambu studio and Bambu handy said “offline”.

1. Forgot wi-fi.
  2. Use your mobile phone to create wi-fi Hot spot.
  3. Pair Bambu handy with printer thru this Hot spot.
  4. In Bambu handy U´ll see printer “online”, then downgrade firmware to previous.
  5. Do Fatory reset on your printer.
  6. Pair your printer with Bambu handy thru your home wi-fi (2,4GHz!).
  7. I installed last firmware update and all works :slight_smile:
1 Like