X1-C w/ 2 x AMS Abnormal Firmware

Exactly same here. I guess the last batch of printer are all broken.

From the sounds of it I would check the communication cable for the head. Sounds like it make have come loose during shipping perhaps?

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment. I just disconnected the usb c cable and used another working usb-c cable. No change so far.

Hello people, do you have any new updates with your printers and Bambulab support? After waiting a week, Bambulab support sent me a spare part, then after another week, I just received it but I found out they only sent me a front TH board. After replacing the board, it did not solve the issue and the state of the printer is still the sameā€¦ After reading the wiki, I assume that the front TH board had no problems even before replacing itā€¦

Hello i received a new TH-Board and USB-C Cabel from Bambulab
After installing it i have seen the Nozzle Temperatur again too with old usb cable and the new cable.
This did not solve the Issue the Firmware update too stucks at 97%(for the update i used the new USB C cable)
and after failed update the Nozzle temperatur shows 0 degree againā€¦
Not Happyā€¦
Someone said the Cable could be bricked i have a tester what shows me that its ok.

Hello, did you get the whole TH board kit or just the front board? I received only the front board, but nothing changed. The temperature of the nozzle is zero degrees and the firmware update fails at 97%. I also bought a new USBC cable but it didnā€™t solve anything. My brand new printer is 3 weeks brokenā€¦

They send me the full kit including a new USB C cableā€¦i think its the Mainboardā€¦i hope they can fix it soonā€¦brand new and bricked not funny

I assumed that it could be a SW problem related to the release of the X1plus (blocking the devices until the release of the new fw), but after you write that you changed the whole TH board kit and saw the temperature of the nozzle, I donā€™t know what to think about it anymoreā€¦

Did you get a new Mainboard ?
Have you fixed the problem?

no, I have no answer from support for 17 daysā€¦ I requested to return the printer. Now I am building new Prusa MK4 until I have time to build Voron 2.4. Bambulab is not for meā€¦

Good morning,
sorry for my bad English.
I have a problem on my x1 Carbon.
Abnormal firmwareā€¦ All update attempts block at 97% then fail like attempts to return to the previous version.
Factory reset didnā€™t change anything eitherā€¦I donā€™t know what to do anymore

Thanks for your help

Hi Maud, I have not solved the same problem as youā€¦ I am just returning the printer. I donā€™t think BL can accurately identify the problemā€¦. just for info - I unpacked my malfunctioning printer on 2024-01-29 and actively solved the problem myself and also with the help of BL supportā€¦

[image]

Hi Maud i dont think that you can solve the problem yourselfe alone.
The BL Support send me first the Board of the printhead with a new cable but the firmware still stuck at 97% Now they send me the Mainboard Module and i try to fix it this weekend. Hopefully that it is a faulty Mh Board. After that i inform all of you.

1 Like

After replacing the MH Board the Firmware update was successfullā€¦
i havent replaced the cabels i tested them with my Multimeter they where ok.
After replacing the MH Board i made the Firmware update through the app from my handy.
ā€¦

Thank you for your answer,
bambu lab is sending me a MH Board card so I hope it works for me too !
Iā€™m impatiently waiting for the Boardā€¦

Hi Maud did u get the MH board did it solve the problem?