X1 Carbon Power Failure issue

Hello. I don’t have the skills to do that. I would like the printer returned and replaced.

When you assembled the printer you did plug the display in correct? Check that connection.

1 Like

this sounds a bit hard but when you think you don’t have the skills either try to get them or search for another hobby :yum: bambulab is making 3d printing quite easy but do not expect that these machines are for ethernity. that’s why bambulab is offering every single part in their shop

I invested money in this machine not for fun but for professional purposes. I didn’t buy this machine to take it apart and do some electronic tinkering in my spare time. And there’s a difference between running forever and never running at all… I was hoping for something in between to start with. It doesn’t live up to what was advertised: “easy to use 3d printer”. I would have been better off keeping that money and continuing to use online printing sites. Reading this forum makes me realise that I’m far from being the only one to fall victim to this technological immaturity. Obviously the technology isn’t up to scratch and I’m very disappointed… I have requested a return and refund.

I connected the screen correctly, as it worked well for several minutes. The first calibration of the machine went without a hitch. Then the printer suggested a firmware update, which I obviously accepted. A new calibration was then initiated by the printer. I left for an hour or so and when I came back I noticed that the screen no longer displayed anything. The red light on the switch at the back came on, the AMS came on, but nothing came out of the printer itself.
I’m very disappointed and feel I’m wasting time unnecessarily. I requested a return and refund.

I absolutely understand you. I also feel this way for a newly bought product. But overall → 3D printing is not an easy hobby. Bambulab makes it a lot of easier BUT you still need to get skills as you can not expect a magic machine doing all the work for you. You need to maintain it, you sometimes need to fix something, you need to read in and get skills.
I’m also fucked up that my newly received printer has problems. But I know that these things can happen and I see no problem creating a ticket @Bambulab, receive a new board and change it. Over the time this WILL happen, so you need to get used to that…

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I wasn’t thinking of ordering a 3D printer for fun. This is really for professional purposes. I’m a surgeon and I replace joints in the human body, repair nerves, arteries and bones. I work 12 hours a day and unfortunately I don’t have enough time to get involved in repairing 3D printers. I thought that the X1 printer made 3D printing easy, but obviously I was wrong.