X1 Carbon Power Failure issue

Hello Communities,

I am here asking for assistance. I left my X1 Carbon untouched since last use, about 2 months ago. Today I turned on the back switch while the top button switches (both the on/off & reset) did not give any reponse nor lights on and off. Monitor attached in the front does not work anymore, no lights, cannot see IU interface. But AMS and extruder has light on, and I can hear the fans were running normally.

Any one can assist on this? Have no idea what is going on as everything seems perfect in working order last time.

I tried to keep pressing the switch near the top cover. Nothing happens. Back swtich was turned on and off, the print just repeat as above. Need help, many thanks!

2 Likes

Probably a component failure in the printer. No solution except warranty service I suspect. :frowning:

4 Likes

Check this out for some tips

I got my X1CC yesterday, did 3 scrapes and another print, perfectly. Then started on the poopshute. On the second layer, it just turned off. Now it seems like I have the same issue as you are describing, when i try to turn it on, a fan starts, the light in the head turns on, and then it goes silent after 2-4 seconds. My AMS still has lights on, as I have filament in it, and its blinking white, as normal.

Tried to disconnect the AMS, and reboot several times, same result, on for a few seconds, then shuts down. Total print time aprox 2,5 hours.

I am currently having the same exact issue that you have described above. If you have resolved this issue or contacted customer support and received any useful feedback, please let me know because I am trying to get my printer up and running again. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I changed the AP Board, that fixed it for me.
The manuals to change it was rather easy to understand and a doable job for someone who have never changed a mainboard or such before. Trickiest part was to connect the WIFI antenna plug last, so I would suggest to plug the antenna back on before the other two plugs that are in that area.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me so soon! I have been doing some more research and have heard from other sources that replacing the AP Board is most likely what needs to be done. However, I have been looking through the Bambu Labs Accessory Store and I can’t find it anywhere. There is an MC Board which looks similar, but isn’t the same configuration as the AP Board. I’m curious as to where you found a replacement AP Board, especially if not on the Bambu Labs website. Please let me know where I can order a replacement so that I can get my printer up and running again as soon as possible.

No problem! I bought my X1CC from a local store(Norway), they provided me with the AP Board which they had in store. And no, its not the same as the MC Board. So if you can, check local stores first, and if not, you have to get it directly from bambu. You will however need to be in touch with bambu, after replacing it, they need the old SN number which are on a sticker on the machine itself under the rubber protection, and the new SN which are on the backside of the new AP board, in order to get the machine linked to your account and WiFi services to work properly again. This is also mentioned in the manual at the end.
PS: Machine will work properly with SD card, while waiting on the bambu to link your account to new AP board, atleast that what I did and worked for me while waiting.
Ill post the manual link: Replacing the AP board / Application Board | Bambu Lab Wiki

I have a similar issue. I got my X1C 3 days ago and have completed several prints. Today my X1C will NOT power on. The orange power button on the back of the printer lights up in the on position however, the LED screen, chamber fans and lights do not power on. I have checked the AP board, it has no red LED lights with power connected and orange power switch in the on position. I created a ticket with support I am going to ask for a new unit since mine has failed within the first week of owning it.

Does anyone know how long it will take for a response by Bambu labs? and replacement part shipping? and lastly do the replacement boards fail just as fast as the ones sent in the printer or are they upgraded so that the printer will then last once repaired?

I just received my X1 Carbon today. Printed a Benchy. Best Benchy I’ve ever seen. Left the printer alone for 15 minutes. Came back and it will not power on. The red on/off switch at the back is lit. However, nothing else works. No display, no fan, no lights. Dead

Sorry that sucks, I hope you get it sorted quickly. One thing I would try is, if you have an AMS: Disconnect it to try to narrow the problem down. Other than that and reading the links mentioned above, I guess you’ll just have to open a ticket and pray they respond quickly.

Edit: Oh, and about that Benchy: When you get it sorted, try printing a Benchy with a 0.2 nozzle. That is REALLY sweet! It’s not quick though.

I did try disconnecting the AMS system and that didn’t help the situation. Printer is still dead. The problem I’m having with submitting a ticket is that it assumes I’m knowledgeable about basically what is wrong with the printer. I don’t know how to categorize the problem using the ticket submission form. There’s no category for “hey, it doesn’t turn on”. Can’t use the category “other” and uses abbreviations in the categories that I don’t understand.

I am sorry to hear that.

I suspect you opened a ticket in the wrong place (I did that once, not even sure where it went because I can’t see it listen among my tickets even though we had some mail correspondence).

If you use this link to create a ticket, you can describe the problem in words, like you did here.

Apologize that I have dropped for a long leave, and returned to the office yesterday, I have contacted the team and also I have attached some of my photos to assist you to identify the issue quicker. My issue was the AP board not working (highly possible, after contact with the technical support). And I have submitted a ticket in May this year, hopefully still in warranty as I was in a leave for nearly 6 months.

You could also use this link to quickly identify your issue for not powering on:

Please do step 1 to 3, and inspect if the following items work:

On the AP board there should be one flashing red diode and one solid red diode. Please check the board and see if these are both working as intended. (My issue is the flashing one not working). The team should be able to send you the board if it is still in warranty.

Hope this helps.

I will keep updating this one.

In the store website under support there was a place to enter tickets. Also through the handy app. Could have been the 2 you used. Not sure if the store one is still around.

Hello ! I have exactly the same problem…
I started the printer this morning and the screen doesn’t display anything while the red light of the back switch is on… So disapointed

Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked to make sure the screen cable is connect/seated correctly?

Here is the wiki article that shows how to access each end of the cable.

Replacing the FPC cable from the AP board to the LCD display | Bambu Lab Wiki

I’m also having this issue with a newly received x1c since the very beginning. My trick is to turn on / off / on / off / on the printer - so on the third time it’s most of the time working. I also double checked all cables. I think there is a damaged batch of boards. I will also create a ticket soon…