X1 clog but at top of heatsink

using the .4 hardened nozzle that came installed when i got my x1 almost a year ago ive had clogs and a cold pull or heated allen key have worked till this one today now i can unclog it but next print will do the same thing about halfway through the print it will clog and it seems to be in the upper half of the hotend ive tried a new hotend, disassembling the extruder and thoroughly cleaning the gears, replaced thermister and ceramic heater with the hotend, detaching the hotend heating and using a homemade noclogger but the clog seems to have dug its heels in in spirit and for a day and a half every print has failed due to this strange clog.

have a glass riser with a prop to vent the top and also have door cracked open to vent so i dont think heatcreep is the issue due to chamber temp either.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

The big question is did you do recently any changes like filament settings, accessories,…etc.

same generic pla as usual same settings only thing thats different is the last week i havnt printed anything and machine sat idle as i was out of town.