X1 Firmware Release 01.06.00.00

Had the same issue, but thought it was me. I use both Windows and the Mac versions.

OMG a firmware update on top of yesterdayā€™s firmware update 01.06.00.01

and use the .exe for the update, not just the .zip

Is there information why and what?

no inf yet
just allowed it to update, currently printing again all seems fine

Improvements

• Improved printing quality and stability by optimizing the flow dynamics calibration process.

• Fixed the missing ā€œResumeā€ option when the first layer inspection was abnormal.

Remaining issues

• The printer may appear stuck in a paused state while the AMS shows an error. There may be dropped steps if users move the XYZ axes away from the disposal chute, so please do not move the -toolhead in this situation.

• If the power is suddenly cut off after the detection of a filament break, the printer may attempt to continue printing without filament.

Also, Bambu Studio issued a hotfix today to fix a couple of issues in the version sent out yesterday. Restart Studio, or tell it to check for updates to get the update. Checkout the release notes for the hotfix here https://wiki.bambulab.com/ā€¦/release/release-note-1-7-2

1 Like

Hello,
Just a little tip, never touch a running system. Iā€™m still using version 1.05.01.00. Filament calibration with Orca and it prints and prints and printsā€¦ by almost 100% success, TPU, PLA, PAHT-CF, PC, ASA and PA6-CF12. I Tried Version 1.05.02.00 and struggled a lot, because the parts did not stick to the printbed anymore. After the downgrade back to 1.05.01.00, the problems were gone. Apparently, the update fixes a few issues, but it comes with new ones.

I cant see to find the specific video I saw, (it was a late night and there was alcohol involved) but Iā€™ll keep looking, meanwhile I saw this, which might be what you are looking for.

Just got a Firmware update notice 1.06.01.00ā€¦ Anyone know what it is addressing? It didnt offer any additional details

2 Likes

Need release Notes for 1.06.01.00.

3 Likes

To me is a sing that the firmware did more damage than goodā€¦ my printer is so unstable right now. I have more failures since the updates than ever beforeā€¦ VERY frustrating. I feel like I am dealing with my ender 5ā€¦ wish I could just roll back to what I had before, but I am not even sure what version that was.

That being saidā€¦ when it works it works really well.

Try 1.05.01.00, in my case, that helped me.

May try that tomorrow. Unless we have more hot fixes. Lol. Thank you

i went back to 1.05 and the problem persisted :frowning:

Make sure you are using version 1.05.01.00 and not 1.05.02.00. After downgrade, Switch off, pull out the mains plug for 2 minutes, then switch on again. Reset the printer to factory settings. Maybe you have to Switch off/on agian, i am not sure anymore. To me it helped a lot. But the question is, have all the Printers the same factory settings. Mine is from march 23.

Once you power back on like @folgheraphilip states, run a calibration. Whenever I mess with the firmware, I always redo the built in calibration. I have been happy with the 1.5 firmware that from back in May. Took the leap to the 1.6.00.00 and all is good so far. Havenā€™t printed any large items but a few plates worth of smaller items. I havenā€™t done the most recent small patch yetā€¦ Usually if it aint broke, i donā€™t mess with the firmware, but there were some features i wanted to take advantage of.

I have to manually set the extruder temperature to 240C after each print. This allows some PETG filament to ooze out so I can clean it up. If I donā€™t do this then I may have a large blob stuck to the nozzle that interferes with homing and printing.
This last firmware update turns off the extruder heating after a short time frame and often before I get to clean it. That is really annoying. You should not be turning off my heating after I manually set it. Itā€™s also a pain to type the temperature every time. You should only have to touch one button to turn heating on to the last temperature you set it too.

2 Likes

Every 2nd or 3rd time I open the latest version of Bambu Studio the software freezes up and terminates, When I do get a file to slice and send it to the printer I get a message no printers available. Then I go into device and reload the printer I would like to use and then I am able to send the sliced file to the printer. This is with my X1C I will see what happens with my P1P. I must say using the PEI plate with the lidar is working perfectly, I am getting perfect prints each time using Generic filaments.

See the petG prints attached

But there is still bugs to fix. No matter the version. It is the natural order of things.

I ran into my first real bug with a firmware upgrade. I have one of the original X1C from Kickstarter (very early batch). Aside from some initial issues, been a pretty flawless printer. After upgrading to 01.06.01.00 firmware, I had a couple of good prints, printer was turned off, then the next day kept having an issue after it started to go over 75 C on the nozzle. It made the temperature reading stop and kick out an abnormal nozzle temperature error. Turning off the printer and back on, the temperature reading came back (was at 180C or so), repeating the same thing, it did the same error. Tried a few more power cycles, the same problem. I ran the device self-test and at least on the first print after that, it is printing normally again. I suppose some kind of calibration probably should be done after firmware updates, but never have had to do them prior. Posting it here just in-case someone else runs into this issue. I will update if the problem comes up again. I was printing in NuMakers PETG if that makes a difference, I doubt the filament type would impact this issue though.