X1 Firmware Release 01.06.00.00

Our team has been working hard on preparing the next feature list for the X1 series, and the final version of ota 01.06.00.00 firmware update is now available.

In response to your feedback, we have added a fix for preventing the heatbed from generating noise when it’s close to the bottom and you home the printer or start a new print.
Besides this important fix, we have added automatic calibration and saving of the extrusion compensation parameters so they are not reset every time the printer is restarted, and the capability of doing this calibration with our Textured PEI Plates.
A complete list of changes is available on our Wiki: X1/X1-Carbon and AMS Firmware Release History | Bambu Lab Wiki

With Bambu Studio V.1.7.0 there’s also the possibility of performing automated flow rate calibration to further tune the filament settings and a very helpful feature to skip objects during printing (requires Bambu Handy V.1.2.5 and Bambu Studio V1.7.0).
In addition, we have also implemented a highly requested feature which is liveview support in LAN Only mode to allow camera monitoring even if the printer is not connected to the internet, MicroSD file management in Bambu Studio, and a new Auto Refill page to change filament backup settings.
More info in the release notes: Releases · bambulab/BambuStudio · GitHub

There are a lot more feature optimizations and small bug fixes in this version, and we hope this new firmware release will bring you a better user experience.

Please continue to share your feedback about the firmware, including this release, as we’re listening closely and we will do our best to bring you further optimizations in the future.

25 Likes

This is probably the best update you have released so far.

One thing I noticed, there is no way to rename/edit/delete PA profiles created with the new flow dynamics calibration.

3 Likes

Hi, I submitted Yesterday a issue in the beta and it looks like it is also present on the final firmware. Should I make a new report or will you still read it from the beta?

Added protection to prevent the heatbed touching the bottom

GOOD. I normally print small things but I’ve canceled a job straight away a few times and have been worried if it went much further would the bed smash into the bottom.

One 2 biggest things I can think of that still need addressing on the X1c are:

• Dynamic Bed levelling, ie only level the bed where an item is being printed (I think Prusa’s have this already) would save alot of time on small prints, I don’t want to skip bed levelling as a work around because I remove the steel plate to pop the prints off, so to ensure a good first layer everytime a form of bed levelling should be done even when it’s just popping off a print.

• Custom names / materials / Icons for filaments in AMS PLEASE. Example I have a silver PLA and a Grey PLA, both show as ‘Generic PLA’ and Grey color icon. There’s not enough variability, different manufacturer and or different materials would help with this.

Otherwise this looks like a solid update, I haven’t checked yet but I hope Humidity over MQTT is added back in

4 Likes

Thank you very much for this. Especially Lan only mode camera is a big plus for me.
The dokumentation is superb.
Keep up the good work!
Cheers

I’m very interested if this is the case as well. The update looks good but humidity data is something I don’t want to lose…

1 Like

Thx for the Update =)

I have noticed that the value 0 always comes with the auto flow calibration? Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I have already tested different filaments

1 Like

Seems to be working great with the textured pei. Now the x1c is worth the upgrade over a p1s/p1p

1 Like

When you get the new bambu studio you will also have the new calibration pattern

My bambulab studio noticed new version of bambu lab studio but it doesn’t notice there is a new firmware for X1C. Is it gradually deployed?

Edit: power cycling the printer helped (it noticed new firmware immediately). But power cycling shouldn’t be needed for such thing.

I updated both first thing, I never looked at the immediate changes Bambu Studio had done, and tried to print a PLA on a heat plate with PEI settings doh! It never worked, changed it and it worked

Thanks for these upgrades, it is nice to see the progress here.

Is there any reason why the printer is no longer publishing data previously available via MQTT? This seems to be even more in 01.06 than was gone in 01.05 :frowning: there is no mention of it in the release notes.

Also, the release notes mention that LAN-only mode access to the camera is available (it is under a new setting on the printer control panel itself), but I’m not seeing any information about how to go about accessing it on a local machine - maybe I’m not looking in the right place?

2 Likes

Gold PEI working now without warnings plus first layer calibration :slight_smile:

Hey there,

Something is not okay with the auto calibration. The Purge Volume is not correct between the First and second Spool. Pls check the image below:

The Purge Volume is set correct/to automatic. How can i change the Purge Volume in the calibration process? The Standard Screen where you can set them, doesn’t work for me. Anybody else is affected with this problem?

Greetings
Felix

1 Like

I just tried this firmware and the latest version of Bambu Studio.
I calibrated two filaments for K-Value - a silk PLA and a new roll of PETG-CF (something I have not printed yet) and got the expected values of 0.02 for PLA and 0.04 for PETG-CF (though to be honest, I could go with 0.02 or 0.04 for both, those calibration lines are too short I think)

And there’s a big issue now (or at least two)
There are huuuge gaps wherever lines should connect
I did the same model with both PLA and PETG-CF and got the same behaviour. I tried lowering the K-Value for the PETG-CF to 0.02 with no effect.
I also resliced this model with OrcaSlicer (with Pressure advance disabled) and got the same result.

I am continuing to investigate, I just power cycled the printer and will retry, then I’ll try using OrcaSlicer with K set to 0.02 in the filament settings and PA enabled, then I’ll try automatic flow rate calibration.
I will update this post, this is just a heads up for anybody seeing similiar issues. Is nobody else seeing this?

And there’s another issue, once you save one filament profile to the printer, you are forced to use it for any material of that type. There’s no way to “unselect” my saved calibration when putting in a different PLA. This is a mess.

1 Like

Power Cycling the printer did the trick. Ouch… Let’s see what happens when I try printing with pressure advance again.

Also reprinted with PLA set with a profile with a K of 0.02 and it still looks fine (same G-Code, just updated the filament settings on external spool).

Now reprinted with PETG-CF with K=0.02 and it also looks fine.

At this point I’m going to assume that it either needed a power cycle after an update to work correctly, or that the calibration procedue I did triggered something. Either way, there’s a bug, and I’ll leave it up to Bambu Lab to find it :slight_smile:

And I found another bug. Even though I selected Generic PETG-CF during loading, and it shows as such in Devices/Filament or on the printer, the slicer insists the Vendor is “Bambu Lab” and it apparently reset the temperatures I set in that profile back to the defaults for BL PETG-CF instead of what I set up.

2 Likes

I would love to have an official reply to this as well.
I feel like having this enabled, will help with overall improvement of the products by the community and can get you the feedback and additional data points that are needed much better.

1 Like

I’m super bummed. :frowning:

And also disappointed. Both by the removal of useful features, but especially by the complete silence about it from Bambu.

2 Likes

You do realize that the people at Bambu are probably not at work right now, different time zone.

1 Like