X1/X1c Beta Testing time

@arekxyz

Without a Makerworld account you won’t get a support ticket. As long as I am not logged in with an app, there will be no update messages on the printer as well as you can`t get them at all and you can not deleat any maintenance steps as well…

Even if you use your link, you get this:

Markerworld is mandatory for Bambulab printers - I will by more than happy to be corrected on that point.

That’s generic bambu account. It existed way before even bambu thought about creating makerworld. For example my account was created when doing first order at their shop.

And they use single auth system for all their projects. So you don’t have separate account for each system. Bambu uses the same account for their shop, support tickets, computer app, mobile app, makerworld etc, etc.

1 Like

This thread has become absurd.

2 Likes

Ok you are right, I stop on that :+1: Not my problem at all :wink:

It’s so absurd that even independent Swiss state media are reporting in prime time on the increasing use of Advatars to advertise Chinese products in China. You can still recognize them because they can’t eat or change clothes… and one of the 15 that I can’t get rid of on aliexpress is Anycube.

1 Like

I was able to make a support ticket without an account. For what it’s worth.

And I totally get your point of view. I do think Bambu Labs is sensitive to user’s preferences. If this kind of big brother approach to their system tuns off enough users, I do feel they will change it. That’s the feeling I get, which is why I finally bought an X1. They seem like they listen and respond.

The closed and tightly controlled system was certainly a big concern for me as in the past it has been a problem. In particular when a company goes out of business and their clouds disappear leaving useless hardware bricks behind.

I’ll apply for the Beta testing. Maybe a little late, but after having to baby-sitting a farm of Enders for far too long and now using an X1 for a few days, I’m a believer!

I have applied for both the X1 and P1 betas and gotten no response for days. I assume the betas are full?

I’m an engineer. I’m one of those odd persons who enjoys testing new things. For me, it’s fun. I’ve flashed firmware on literally thousands of devices, most of which cost between $1000 and $10,000. While firmware updates do sometimes have their issues, the overwhelming majority are successful and uneventful. Almost everyone has something they do for free, just because they enjoy doing it.

FWIW, one of my first firmware fails was nearly 30 years ago. On a brand new motherboard. I bought a device programmer and a few blank PLCC firmware hubs. I manually loaded the firmware onto the FWH and replaced the one on the motherboard. Success! I’ve never looked back.

Uh… I see the buttons for Makerworld, but I’ve never uploaded anything and rarely visit. It’s like advertisements on just about every website you’ll ever visit. Yes, they’d like you to click on them, but it’s not required.

Bambu Lab has been in business two years. Yes, 2 years. They’re growing, and there will be growing pains. But they adapt quickly, they listen to their customers and they are actively working to improve their customer support. But they’re a for-profit company.

We’ve all seen printer companies that are more-or-less open source, but much of that is because they make modified versions of already open sourced equipment designs. And that’s great for an emerging industry, but it’s not a great long-term strategy for most. That’s why the restaurant industry is well known for “secret” recipes. Why don’t they contribute to the common good by donating their recipes? Maybe it has something to do with staying viable. Making a profit. Or maybe they just don’t trust us. Who knows? But that’s just something that businesses do.

I’ll leave Bambu Lab too, someday. But it’s because I won’t live forever. lol

@tsmith35,

there are always persons how are more clever than others but there is never a company how is more clever than all others…… there are god reasons why you might get a Flashforge Adventurer 5M Pro at the beginning of March, so everything always is levelling itself without any action. They will get the costumers where they are looking for and the costumers who look for something else will get the other suppliers as always.

And by the way, I start smiling where they write to me I can unlock this hidden comment - way I ever should do this, that’s their job not my one at all. Bambulab is old enough to defend himself and if someone wants to do that for them… not my business at all.

Competition is usually helpful, so it’s nice to see other companies become more active. Without competition, there is no incentive to push harder. :smiley:

Well, it isn`t really pushing harder at all since I’m here in there territorial zone. Communist leadership in a one-child generation tailored to A students without C influence/Inflation by coping and reducing prices.

Best thing since Sliced ​​Bread and Bambulab did it again… Now wait until the complexity of maintenance is realized and the medicine is swallowed :wink:

Well, there is no suche thin as Buissness ethic - there are just ethic and the ethics you are standing for are the retourn values in buissness ;-): https://www.youtube.com/live/pRgJAAXZPVk?si=DhfYSWiDHrAkTMcg&t=1170