X1/X1c Beta Testing time

Hey, it’s getting close to time to test our next Firmware release for the X1/X1c. As such we are looking for more users to beta test the firmware and participate in finding new issues in the firmware. Sign up to be a beta tester for the X1/X1c on this link.

6 Likes

If you posted the change list, so people had some idea of what the beta release contained, it might attract more users.

I don’t have time to just randomly try beta releases. But if I saw something that addressed an issue I was having, I’d be very interested in giving the beta a try…

9 Likes

They do, in the Beta Testing area of the forum they include changelogs/release notes. You can only access that area of the forum when selected as a beta tester. But beta testing isn’t for everyone if your machine (s) provide income or if consistent operation with no down time at all is incredibly important, or you’re using your printer in some way that is considered absolutely critical then I wouldn’t beta test at all. Beta testing isn’t primarily meant as a means to offer a solution to the problem before anyone else receives it. Sure, it’s one of the perks if the fix works well, but it’s beta testing so expecting something to go wrong is something that you would need to keep in mind. So far I haven’t had any major issues, but I know that it could happen anytime. The cool thing is you can opt out at any time and go back to standard firmware.

2 Likes

If they want Beta Testers, there needs to be some enticement or people won’t even bother to look. I don’t want to sign up as a beta tester just to see what’s happening.

8 Likes

Also, regardless of warranty status, will they repair any damages in the event of a issue with the beta firmware?

Not everyone needs a payout. Some are just enthusiasts and are happy to help with their time.

I have participated in beta programs from various companies over the years, and have never received material compensation outside of maybe the actual product being tested. Most programs assume a BYOD methodology with no implicit warranty outside of best effort to support.

5 Likes

“Enticement” in the context I meant was “pique their interest”, as in “provide some details” not “pay a stipend”.

I too have participated in many Beta programs. In general, the changes in a Beta are made publicly visible but you have to be a member of the Beta program to access the code.

Sometimes there are restricted Betas, where feature changes are covered under a NDA, and then those details are restricted to just the Beta program members.

I don’t think that’s the case here, but maybe I’m wrong…

In any event, I’d be a lot more interested in signing up for the Betas if I could go someplace and take a look at what kind of changes have typically been included, without first having to sign up. That was the point I was trying to make. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve done a ton of betas and hardly any private beta tests tell you what you are testing upfront until you sign up for the beta. Public betas are a lot different, but not private betas. And almost all private betas I’ve been part of have NDAs just like this one.

1 Like

@sirwill I certainly won’t be a beta tester, but I’ll note the following:

Maintenance work cannot be acknowledged in offline mode of the X1.

Auxiliary Fan control.

Does it make sense to get any update at all? How much risk is behind an Update? DJI, Bambulab Studio goes also unauthorized online to get the newest Makerworld Ideas as well……? Why add more network options with the X1E on a printer whiche anyway never will by allowed to go into a network anyway?

Orca Slicer is not your competitor, I think they help you so that other buyers don’t ignore you.

In additional and by the way:

There would be no alternative to the glass door, you don’t have to worry about breaking it when unscrewing it - it can’t open 180°.

The entire Directexdruder should by detached with 4 screws. To screws in this box, you don’t really want that at all.

Mining the external feed at the back isn’t really good.

Higher quality AMS - TPU

Faster Mainternace accessibility.

Z-Axe Grease.

Lidare Replacement and everything else forgotten for long-term operation of a Bambulab printer…

and so on…

I’m not mad, but praise won’t get you to the next level. Otherwise, it will end like with Cryality or Prusa. One big hit, a littel tightening up and then standing still for 10 years in self-realization. I personally like criticism of my work more than as praise it to heaven, because that’s the only way to get me into the further.

To stand between the Western and the Asian world, you have all the understanding in the world of me :wink: You’re doing well, so don’t take it personally… but you have taken the position - so tough on the matter, gentle on the persoan.

3 Likes

When is the beta test starting?

2 Likes

Great news this new oportunity to try beta firmwares. When beta rollout start?

1.8.0 beta for bambu studio software (I understand this is firmware related but thought I would share) > https://github.com/bambulab/BambuStudio/releases

Nice to help on the software side as well.

1 Like

Will there be a P1S beta testing program? I’d love to help test new firmware, I have extensive beta testing history.

Funny you should ask… P1 Firmware testing was just announced.

6 Likes

Nice! Thank you for sharing!

Has anyone received the invitation? I’m not sure if I submit the form correctly

I never got any confirmation but suddenly my printer wanted to upgrade so I did that. I didn’t even realize that was a beta until later on.

If you’re in, you will have access to the beta section in the forum.

Thank you. Perhaps I haven’t been selected this time (I’ve participated in other BambuLab betas). We’ll keep waiting.

I still have to add something.

Preface:

I know that many people love Makerworld and everyone should decide for themselves. And if you like it everthing is fine… But, it can’t be that people who don’t want to are forced into it - and that will be the main reasons why I will leave Bambulab one day.

Here is the complains:

Without installing an app that puts Makerworld upload in the foreground, it is not possible to:

• Download software or hardware updates
  • To get a support ticket
  • Get rid of maintenance steps on Bambulab Printers

Why this is the main reason why I will leave Bambulab one day. When it comes to things like this, a company shows its true face. Ok, I know that in business life are tough battles - that’s exactly why it’s better to rely on companies that give and then receive trust (to turn a eye blind at times) and to leave those who don’t radiate it as quickly as possible at the first opportunity… of course they will make more sales but the slump will come, sometimes it just takes 10-20 years.

I think there are currently a lot of creative developers in 3D printing who are doing very good work… but at the moment there are hardly any people who can then further develop the company which is behind the printer. That will also change in the home area in the next 10 years… Time will solfe this anyway…

Hmm.

X1C printers do not require any app to update firmware. It can be done from LCD. P1* - not sure about these but I think it also tells you about firmware being available and if you want to flash it.

Support tickets can fully be done via web interface: Sign In - Bambu lab

Maintenance steps - from LCD on X1C. No idea about P1* - it never told me to do any maintenance steps on LCD so far.