X1C .4 hotend 4 pin connector broke

I had a clogged .4 hotend and figured i would swap to my backup complete hotend. As i was trying to take out the old hotend the 4 pin connector (wire side) broke off. I was just using my finger nails and the plastic lip ripped off. The wires are fine can i get replacement connector (male) or do i need to buy the hotend fan to get this hotend usable again. And is this the correct part. Cooling Fan for Hotend - X1 Series X1 and X1C (not for X1E)

It’s the correct part number. I’d suggest ordering a complete hotend so you have spares for all the parts. That’s what I did and it has served me well…

I have 2 complete hotend and 1 hotend that came with the printer so i have 3 of the .4 already. I just need to get the backup and this one back up to complete. I’ll order the other pieces to make the one that came with the printer ready to plug and play.

Thanks

The part is correct.
Usually, the wires break, and not the connector itself.
The JST connectors are standard and widely available. You also need to use an appropriate tool to crimp the wires and fit into the connectors.
Meanwhile, you can use the fan from the old one to continue printing.

A suggestion for the future try to use JST tweezers to remove the connectors: Search - MakerWorld
It’s not perfect, but it’s better than using nails.

@JayZay I just came across this tool here and it works pretty well. Better than the tweezers I’ve found on Makerworld or elsewhere.

@LarryCnAZ thanks. I also have that one around, but I completely forgot and agree it is easier to use.

Thanks, i’ll be printing both. I never expected my fingernails would break anything, i can only think i wasn’t pulling straight out.
Because of the way the connector broke the wires are in good shape with the metal “clips” still attached, i believe i’d only have to push them into the connector. I just hoped to find the size so i could buy it. Otherwise i’d be doing the fitting by trial and error and i’m not to much of a fan of risking the pins. I do other wiring but mostly ethernet or coax, but i have worked on circuit boards.

I really appreciate all the responses.

If the connectors are working, it should be an easy task to fix the connection.
I cannot be precise with 100% certainty, but I guess the connector is a JST MX 1.25mm 4-pin. You can find bundles in the most well-known online shops.
Since you´re not in a hurry, it may be worth asking BL support to confirm the connector size.
I ordered a bundle with different pins, yet as I hate to crimp these small connectors and have sufficient spares, I am delaying the fix as much as possible.

The bundles are being sold as JST MX connectors. The things is that JST doesn’t make an “MX” connector in 1.25mm pitch. If you go to the JST website, look at the “crimp-style-connectors-wire-to-board-type” page and filter their 1.25mm connectors, there is no MX and nothing that looks like the hot end fan connector.

I believe these are actually a Molex Picoblade connector, specifically part number 510210400. These are sold in 150mm cable assemblies as part number 151340402. I think the cable assemblies being sold are just these Molex cables mistakenly labelled as JST connectors.

I repaired 2 hot end fans with broken connectors, the plastic was brittle and just crumbled. One of the fan connectors broke the first time I removed it from a new X1C and I have experience swapping hot-ends many times on my other X1C.
I purchased this form Amazon “(20 Set Micro JST MX 1.25 4Pins Connector Plug Socket 1.25mm Pitch Female & Male Connector PCB Socket 150mm Cable”. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DYLY95R?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
I don’t know who makes them or what part they actually are but they work.
I pulled the wires out of the new connectors and plugged in the wires from the fan. These connectors work just fine in my X1C. They look and work the same as the original except that they have not broken yet.

I think Makerworld has removed the tool or made it private. Cannot access it. Any suggestions on where I can get this tool. The other ones from MakerWorld don’t work that well

Not sure why it’s not on Makerworld, but I did find it here.

Thank You. I will try this one out