X1C board failure on Day 1?

Exchange is the way

Good move

Let Bambu figure it out

Yeah they send me a P1P board. I don’t know who works there fulfillment center but they’re really bad at their job if I’m not the only one this has happened to.

1 Like

Misery loves company.
Got my X1C + AMS today. Went through the steps until calibration failed (maybe LIDAR). I noticed that there was a new firmware so I updated it and reran calibration. Went out for lunch, even used the app to view the calibration in action, came back, and now the LCD was dead (black with backlight, with correct blinky/steady lights). Went through the troubleshooting steps, reseated all connectors on AP, even downgraded the firmware, rebooted, and tried things mentioned in this thread.

Opened a support ticket and so begins the wait…

Today’s update: UPS picked up the broken X1C with the prepaid label (I paid for UPS pickup). New printer is working perfectly so far. I asked about the AMS and was told to keep it, they are just returning the printer. I assume my refund will be deducted, but I wanted a second AMS anyway…

1 Like

Had to go through all of the troubleshooting steps again but this time had to provide video proof of the problem after each of the two rounds of following the wiki and waiting another business day for a response.
In the end, they sent me another screen and it works…but so did the original screen before it didn’t.

So at least it wasn’t the AP board.

My ap board died on the 1st print. Just about at the 2 week mark of troubleshooting with support. Ive taken half the printer apart at this point. Doesnt feel like a new printer even though it has about an hour of print time on it. I guess this way they dont need a repairs department though.

Two weeks after saying it wasn’t the AP…it was the AP. At least that is the current fix. Turns out the displays were ok.

The replacement display seemingly died so I went through the support ticket routine again and they sent me a new AP (and FPC). One thing I noted during the second round of troubleshooting was that the touch screen still worked because by point I had memorized where the continue button was on the screen for things like filament loading problems. New AP worked but it was for the X1 not X1C so I had to wait for the slow boat from China to get a X1C AP so it could be bonded to my account. Installed and working fine for now. Now I have a spare display and three FPCs.

So if the display dies, see if the touch screen works.

1 Like

This worked for my P1S. printer appeared dead, ran this fix and it started again.

Hello Guys, i had the pretty much the same issue but on my printer the BambuLab Logo was frozen. I couldn’t start a print either. I removed my SD-Card and pressed the On/Off Button several times and it “wokes up”.

Welcome to the forum.

If the machine boots without issue with the SD card removed, there is an issue with the SD card.

If you insert the card after the print boots you may be able to reformat it via the printer to recover it.

Yes, that was so Problem :face_with_spiral_eyes: