X1C - Firmware 1.04 - Cannot connect via MQTT

Sine the last firmware upgrade I’m no longer able to connect to the X1 via MQTT. Release note says that TLS is now enabled for LAN only mode. Is that also the case for non LAN mode?

Thanks.

1 Like

it seems that the TLS activation in the FW makes the problem

1 Like

That was exactly the information I was looking for. It’s working again. Thanks!

Gladly, a question for you, I understood correctly that you have the printer running in online mode? And the mqtt protocol now needs this adjustment and can still remain in online mode? I would also like to update, but only if the online mode and the mqtt Home Assistant implementation can still be used together.

Yes, I’m using online mode and after changing the settings it is working again.

Any example with “mosquitto_sub” ? dont understand german :confused:

I am about to order an X1 Carbon and reading all of the posts about it. Would you please explain what is meant by ‘online mode’? I am used to running and monitoring my printers using Octopi. Will this be possible with the Bambulab products?

IMHO you really dont need Octoprint anymore with this X1 Carbon, printer & Bamubla Studio, “online mode” is a mode that use the cloud and made the printer accessible from WAN, you can use thier mobile app (Bambu Handy) to controle the printer and see it live/stopping etc… the other mode is local, wich bascally dont require internet.

In a certain manner it is a more closed printer than other but I find it very very handy.

NB: from my knowledge, there is no USB to controle the printer so you wont be able tu use Octoprint.

Thanks for your response. I’m pretty sure that it will suit me fine. I do worry a bit about China’s response to the USA shooting down their ‘weather balloons’ and their response in terms of the clouds :slight_smile:

Haha :), so much noise for a ballon when their is tons of low orbit satellites… they are just playing with each other

What is MQTT? I see that it’s a comm thing but when is it used?

This is a network protcole used by lot of IOT to cumminicate informations over a network, Bambulab printer use it to send some information, this can be used to make great control panels on home automation software, like home assistant.