X1C not working after 2 prints using CF-PETG

I ran some Eryone PETG-CF through my printer the other day. I got 1.5 prints out of it before filament stopped coming out of the hot end. I cleared the nozzle and still nothing. I switched filaments and cleared the nozzle again. Still nothing. I took out the nozzle and cold pulled it using a 1.5 hex wrench and a lighter. Still nothing. With my PLA+ test print the first layer goes down pretty nice. Layer 2 is like no filament is coming out of the extruder. It is nothing but very fine hair like strings. I have run the printer and this PLA many times without issue. After using PETG-CF it has no printing ability.

What am I doing wrong? The nozzle purges and puts down the first layer. But as soon as layer 2 starts and the speed ramps up the nozzle doesn’t extrude anything.

I tried printing the CF-PETG with a .2 nozzle. So a plug was bound to happen. But after clearing the nozzle 3+ times and doing a cold pull I still can not print. I just swapped in an old nozzle that was plugged and unplugged it to see if maybe something else is broken and not the nozzle.

What else could it be? I really need this thing back up and running.

edit: The new nozzle appears to be working. How do I fix my old one?

edit 2: the second nozzle also clogged on the final layer and only printed 1/3 of the top layer… WHY? It is a different nozzle printing PLA. This nozzle has NEVER seen anything except PLA. I freshly unclogged this one and it only lasted 35 minutes

Hate to say it, but me thinks I’d just buy a new nozzle. Bambu states (2) CF as not recommended with .2 nozzles.

One possiblity would be to try and extrude some nozzle cleaning filament though it, but then this stuff is almost as expensive as a nozzle.

I own 2 complete hot ends and a 3rd bare nozzle. I am not buying more. Please read the most recent edit. This second nozzle also clogged.

If they’re both .2 nozzles and CF is the material then my reply still applies. I wouldn’t use a .2 with CF personally.

No. In my most recent edit I explained what happened. I removed the CF nozzle and put in a nozzle that had clogged from bad settings using PLA. I printed a simple rectangle in PLA and the nozzle clogged on the final layer. No CF has ever touched this nozzle and it still clogged.

Ah, okay, sorry missed that. I’ve been fortunate in that I’ve never clogged a nozzle yet. For me, my time is worth more than spending an hour or so on unplugging a nozzle, I’d just replace with another one. Yeah I know it’s $15.00 but again my time is worth more than that these days.

It’s possible the cleaning filament I linked could fix the one nozzle that’s only seen PLA, but I’ve never used this, not sure if it’s snake oil or actually works but it could save buying another nozzle.

But if my pure PLA nozzle clogged what would stop the brand new nozzle from also clogging? I dont want to keep buying nozzles hoping it wont clog. I understand why the CF nozzle clogged. But why would the other one clog? I fixed the issue that caused it to clog in the first place. I did not send any CF through it. But here I am with no nozzles.

I purchased the cleaning filament. Going to run that through the nozzles.

The only thing I can think of is that when it plugged the first time you never got it 100% clean? Not sure of course that would seem to make the most sense. Another possibility is how accurate is the OD of the filament you’re using. I know most filaments today are pretty accurate but it is something that could cause a jam for what it’s worth.

I just unclogged my nozzle again. It appears my extruder gear is now stuck and wont move. So now I have to remove the ENTIRE hot end…

nothing in there. gear spins freely when hot end is removed from the head and no filament is inside.

I am also having error messages for bad acceleration data but the cables are fine.

IDK what happened but I tore down the hot end and put it back together. It is printing again. We will see how long it lasts. I am starting to think it might be the gears that grab the filament.

I know I’m late to this conversation but I had something similar happen to me a while back and my fix was the same as yours but I think I can answer why it was helpful. When I took my extruder apart I noticed I had loose bits of filament banging around the gears for the extruder. When I cleaned that all out the extruder no longer had any issues and filament started running through the nozzle again. The pieces of filament in the gears were very small, it apparently doesn’t take much to cause problems in there. Hope this is helpful to someone at some point.