X1C Trouble, the Printer stoped Printing and AMS LEDs red blinking

Our X1C stopped printing immediately , LEDs blinking red, and messages like “no Filament”, “pull Filament through the extruder”, “unload Filament out of the external Spool”, “load new filament please”.
But I have no external Filament Spool, only AMS and all of the spools are full of Filament. I can Filament manually pull out from the AMS, did not finde any broken Filament, can feed new Filament and the filament sensors pull it in, but the LEDs are still blinking red and I can not print.
What can I do?

Plese pull Filament out of the external Extruder…

LEDs blinking red

Filament could not pulled back from the printhead to the AMS

Filament is out, load new one please

Check if your filament runout sensor is stuck. It can get stuck on the rough edges of the housing.

If you smoothen it a bit with a file you can probably get it working again.

Take a look at the following guide. NOTE: I didn’t remove the cables when I fixed mine, just be carefull when you handle it.

Thank you @weak for your hints. Filament runout sensor? Ah, it is described in the wiki. I wonder, when I feed the Filament into the AMS, AMS recognized it an pulled it in. But still LEDs blinking red.
I have deinstalled the AMS and the extruder as well, all Filament out, all cable disconnect. The extruder is ok. Manually single Filament stripes through all of the PTFE. No broken Filament found. All of the items reinstalled again. Still the LEDs blinking red and the same error messages as before.

I will try to make a service ticket.

I would try reseating the cables to the AMS. Connections from printer to hub and then to AMS. Make sure they are secure and a proper fit.

1 Like

Does the printer detect the Ams is there? Does the buffer move freely? (gently pull the ptfe between the buffer and the ptfe connector going into the printer) It should move freely and spring back.

As I said, the LEDs blinking red, so the Printer does not recognized the AMS. But when I feed the Filament in, the AMS Sensor recognized Filament and pullt it in. Than I can start a Printjob. The Print beginns, the first Layer is printed, but after a while, the Print stopped. Same messages as before. LEDs blinking red again. I have alle Items and cables and PTFE disconnect, all Filaments out, the Extender out and in again, no broken Filament found.The buffer is free.
I have a log file created now und will make a support ticked. I hope Bambu will give response. That it is. Thanks for all good hints.

I meant if you look on the screen, is it in the lower right hand corner, or if you go into settings on the x1 lcd and look at the firmware option, it will show the printer and any ams units connected. This would at least let you know if it is “talking” to the ams. from there, Flashing red lights on boot up usually indicates filament stuck somewhere in the path, usually in the ams. It doesn’t always mean it isn’t communicating / not detected. Here is a link to look at on the ams hub magnets. If one of them are stuck out of place I believe it will cause the red light situation. If not probably a hardware issue unfortunately.
Remove and install the magnets in AMS filaments hub | Bambu Lab Wiki