X1Plus custom firmware version 1.1

Hi all,

Today, we released X1Plus 1.1! In this release, we:

• Updated to Bambu Lab base firmware 01.07.03.00.
  • Added translation support into Russian (thanks: Henry Thomasino!).
  • Improved X1Plus localization in some other languages (most notably, Japanese – thanks: Jun!).
  • Improved WiFi performance (switched to brcmfmac driver, updated WiFi firmware).
  • Taught installer to choose a printer by IP address.
  • Improved reliability of custom button mappings, and added “ignore” button mapping option.
  • Fixed a bug where the unlock screen number pad could get “stuck” if a dialog popped up at the wrong time.
  • Fixed a bug around where images should go on the SD card for custom backgrounds.
  • Made the console set the printer to relative mode before moving the bed.
  • Taught installer to refuse to install on SD cards with nonstandard formatting that might not be able to boot X1Plus later.
  • Added some behind-the-scenes features, including:
    • userspace support for Windows fileshares via smbfs,
    • kernel module to support the Wireguard VPN client, and
    • debugging tools for performance issues.

In this firmware version, as I mentioned above, we started adding support for localization – including into languages that the X1 printer does not support natively! If you would like to help translate X1Plus into your language, please give us a shout on Discord.

You can download X1Plus version 1.1 here.

joshua

5 Likes

AMAZING WORK!

Real talent, I’ll be downloading this very soon just waiting on somethings and I’ll make the transition.

If all goes well I’d be dedicated to assisting in any aspect to the progression and QoL* of the firmware.

Again very nice work and Thank You for making it a true open sourced printer :clap: :fist: :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Hello
how do I update my V1.0 to this version

Thanks

Download 1.1.x1p, and put it on the SD card. I used FTP to transfer from my PC to the microSD card and rebooted the printer.

Full upgrade instructions:

2 Likes

So, with changing over to X1Plus, will we retain the latest AMD update of “long retraction cut”? Correct me if I’m wrong, but we should since the base OEM firmware used is the latest…

I believe the AMS is totally unaffected by X1+. I cannot verify this as I do not have an AMS. The various other controllers report their firmware versions and some did update when I installed the firmware on the card.