X2D dual AMS setup

I just wanted to show off something I made.

The second AMS goes on top and poop is collected under - saves a lot of desk space.

No issues with vibrations as of yet.

How do you have yours set up?

Progress on my setup :smiley:

Love the design for the ams to placed at the bottom, easy to get to just in case of errors.

It definitely is more ergonomic. To load and unload spools yes, but also because the printer is higher, it’s easier to stay standing there at 1am just watching one more layer go down instead of sleeping.

Progress update, it has a little sidecar now!

For those who must have symmetry in their lives, you need to add one on the other side too!

I do, for the manually-fed filaments like PET-CF!

Sick! I dig the industrial design. Did you share the model on MW already?

Cheers! Yup AMS Undermount for X/P-Series with Printed Slides! - Free 3D Print Model - MakerWorld

People are posting new makes everyday too, really nice to see!

H2s and dual Ams side by side ,model on makerworld

AMS & AMS 2 Pro Modular Rack - Build your tower - Free 3D Print Model - MakerWorld

Yikes! Awesome idea, but 76 hour print time!

I saw this model, I think it’s my favourite non-drawer type stacker I’ve seen so far! Quite elegantly done.

Ironically my second choice, because i couldnt find the sliders i have lying around and im sure the designer will appreciate the love.

Oh man I love this. I have 2x X2D and an H2C. I am in a wheelchair and having easy access to both ams while saving table space is a must. I gotta try this out!

I have a H2 version prototyped too, needs some tweaks still, to make it a little stiffer and update the cosmetics a bit.

A2L users could find this very useful too but those vibrations are on another level!

Wow good design. I will try on this

OK I made one for the A2L, the vibrations are fine as long as it’s not on a wobbly desk it seems!

Bambu A2L Drawer Vibration Test

Hello, I was looking for some sort of Multimaterial printer and the x2d seems perfect for that. All the Tool changer systems are kind Off over the top for me.

Still wenn looking at the multicolor capabilities I was wondering if the dual nozzle uses the Advantage of one AMS connected to each nozzle.

In theorie that would mean when for Exemple switching from nozzle 1 to nozzle 2 it could also Cut the Filament from nozzle one and while IT IS printing with nozzle 2 IT could unload and load the new filament for nozzle 1.

Is the system already doing that? If so Does IT Help alot? If Not am I missing a issue that comes with that Idea?