I don’t have the H2D, just a P1S and never print a prime tower. I simply adjust the purge volume when going from a dark colour to a light colour say switching from black to white. The default purge amounts are already overkill for most colour swaps so I have never seen the need for a time consuming tower.
If the 2 nozzle setup still requires some purge then maybe try printing a small model, increasing the amount purged and switch off the tower.
I’m surprised that it’s not mentioned but the another solution is to leave the prime tower and print multiple pieces. Either duplicate the part, if you’re going to use many of them, or add additional parts to your print that will use the same filament.
I have an H2C and an A1. Never had a problem printing anything so long as the basics are followed. You can turn things on and off, Prime towers, srength issues. No one printer, in my opinion, has all the singing and dancing I would like. If i found one that would cut printing time in half, gave perfect prints, no set up required, gave instant heating to 100 degrees C for the hot bed and chamber, I might change. You buy a printer for your Work or fun, do your home work and get the right choice. If I change anything it would be A1 for H2S, just for a larger bed. Happy Printing.
As a schoolteacher once said, “There are no stupid questions.” When you don’t know something, it’s better to have the courage to ask than to stay silent out of pride and remain ignorant.
Using the word “junk” was a knee-jerk reaction. I’ve only just bought this machine, and more than anything, I’m worried that I might have wasted my money. I take back that harsh description.
Thanks to those who genuinely helped me by showing me that certain settings and options actually existed, I’ve been able to learn something new. I’m grateful to them, because that’s what a forum community should really be about: helping each other and sharing knowledge.
Thanks to their help, I’ve changed my mind. And as the saying goes, “Only fools never change their minds.”
C’est une traduction du français, je n’ai pas utilisé le mot "Camelote’ en français, mais qu’importe, je suis revenu sur mes dires. j’ai juste eu peur d’avoir dépensé 900 Euros pour rien. Pour le reste je pense avoir été courtois et avoir demandé les choses correctement.
Me dire que google m’aurait donné la solution, ok, mais j’ai expliqué cela à chat GPT qui n’a pas su me donner de solution autre que de créer un post sur ce forum.Donc, je me suis correctement renseigné, puis ce que je suis venu ici demander.
Welcome to just one of the dark secrets of AI. It gets its “knowledge” by scraping the web. The good and the bad, the good information and the misinformation, and as much as there is on the web, it’s by definition incomplete. You may not expect to have to double check it but you do.
It’s the paradox - you don’t really want to ask it important stuff unless you are going to double check its answer for errors or already know the answer. There was another post here this morning where the person who posted got an AI answer that wasn’t calculated correctly. If you just accept an AI answer there is always a chance it’s wrong. And a quirk of AI is it frequently flips meanings 180 degrees by using a word with opposite meaning because it doesn’t really know anything. It just uses a collection of things to decide what likely other thing fits.
But AI presents its answers as definitive except for the little escape clauses like “AI responses may include mistakes.”
AI used incorrectly can be dangerous. With so many using it without questioning it, there’s going to be bigger consequences. Prime towers are nothing. People are designing all sorts of things using AI now. It’s going to be interesting seeing how well this works out.
The only problem with purging into your printed object is you get color bleed, especially if your base color is white. Especially if your other color is red, orange or any of the darker colors (purple, green, blue, etc,)
It’s even worse if you know how an AI (any form of AI) works, it have no clue of what it is answering at all. It’s just a prediction of the next token and so on so using AI as the pilot is the worst thing humans can do. AI should only be a co-pilot supervised but the human pilot.
I’ve kind of skipped around this thread so I might have missed a comment but I think they are mostly talking about the tower. I don’t think they care as much about anything to do with purging. You are right, a lot of the time the purging values are set way too high, especially when you aren’t going from a light to dark color. Disabling your prime tower could get you into trouble if printing something that needs to be structurally sound. If you end up printing something with walls that don’t have their expected thickness because a tower wasn’t used can produce some weak spots in your print. Obviously the prime tower doesn’t have anything to do with color (unless you use that setting to purge into your tower) but it can mess up the object’s strength or produce some defects on the outer surface that are noticeable. But if strength isn’t an issue and you do something like print infill first then yeah, most of the time the prime tower can just be turned off. Just make sure you have your purge volumes correct and don’t use a prime tower at all since it really isn’t used for color anyway.