Your product may block new print job before the updates is installed?

In the next update to our policies we will stop your prints in the middle to update firmware.
What is it?
https://bambulab.com/en-us/policies/terms
7.4 Your Bambu Lab product will automatically search for and download new update packages to provide you with timely update services. These updates are designed to resolve cyber security loopholes and prevent new threats, and it is important to accept and install security related system updates in a timely manner. Due to the importance of these updates, your product may block new print job before the updates is installed , and will immediately provide update notifications to help you understand the related information.

I normally wait for a week or so before updating because some updates break ■■■■. And now you’ll be forcing me to do it?

1 Like

I’ve seen that on Reddit and now they’ve started to send out emails about that.
Yes, that is a very odd wording. I would like BambuLab to clarify the exact meaning behind it.
If it means without update no user can send a print job through the cloud (aka read - through the slicer) then it f-ing suck.

On top of that I see there may be some additional issues for X1Plus users out there, since that legal clause would allow BL to pull the connectivity plug on any “non up-to-date” fw version.

Mmhmmm.

They claim:

These changes won’t affect the way you use our services. We are making these updates to support our evolving business and should help you to clearly understand what you will receive.

I’d certainly appreciate clarification. I’ve been sticking with an older firmware because it works well for me, and includes MQTT access to things such as:

• Bed leveling matrix data
  • Printer-computed pressure-advance/K value from auto-calibration

I guess they could attempt to force me to upgrade and lose these features. Will they? Perhaps they will, as my firmware includes the unpatched “cyber security loophole” which ushered in the era of X1Plus.

:sob:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, MQTT size increase was another very questionable decision.