Z offset in the print!

I am having issues on my engineering plate with regards to Z offset at 90C bed temp , 280 nozzle for PA-CF
Please check out the video i linked. Seems nozzle lays down filament in the air for some reason. This is not happening with cool plate + PLA. Flow Ratio is 0.9 via orca , filament is dryed Esun PA-CF

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/exBcCUrwtIM

As for the cool plate, i have the first layer patchy in some areas. I have already done flow cal with orca and run the calibration multiple times

First layer bottom side looks likes this. even with flow ratio at 1.038, 280 nozzle , 90 bed , 0.25mm layer

Any improvement if you dramatically slow down the printing speed?

i am down to 50mm/s for the first layer. still it seems the first layer is not being laid properly. please see the video

1 Like

The nozzle isn’t close enough to the bed. Is the “Bed leveling” box checked when starting every print?

bed leveling before every print. this issue is happening with engineering plate only and not on cool plate

Bump! any help will be appreciated!

The only place I’ve seen Z offset changes based on the build plate is in the “Machine G-code” section of the Printer settings. That adjustment looks like this:

G29.1 Z{-0.4}

Do you maybe have a Z offset change in there for the engineering plate?

I have just added a -0.02 offset . lets see