New nozzle arrived today (that is the fastest Bambu has ever shipped something to me). Going to say that this is definitely brazed or soldered due to the wetting/wicking. Unfortunately, it appears this happens after the coating/finish is applied to the main body of the nozzle. (brazing is not a skill I have done much of, but clean surfaces - without surface coatings - has always been a requirement of every MIG/TIG task I have performed.) It is weird though: I’m not seeing signs of discoloration from brazing or signs of polishing it to remove discoloration… Guess I’ll see how this one holds up.
The entire brazing process might be done under a protective atmosphere.
A preformed ring of soldering alloy can be placed around the tip.
Heat it up, and it flows nicely into the gap and leaves a nice concave shape in the corner.
Is this tip also magnetic?





