A1 Nozzle dragging on print, causing failure using .08 fine resolution

Looks like an oily bed to me. Dish soap and warm/hot water. Don’t touch the printeable face of the plate afterwards.

3 Likes

The bed is cleaned at least one time a day with isopropylic alcohol, so no risk to have oil :wink:

I’ve been down this road before. Isopropyl alcohol can lift oil but it doesn’t remove it. Just wiping the plate smears oil around and you get that splotchy non-adhesion areas. You need to lift and wash oil off. It can be done with Isopropyl but it takes a good amount to flush the plate. Dish soap is much cheaper.

6 Likes

A big thank you to you @JonRaymond, you were right.
I cleaned the plate with dish soap and I no longer have any problem.
For info i used isopropyl because i have a resin printer in the same room and for me it was a good solution…

3 Likes

My part snaps at the top every time. I am thinking it might be the textured bed. I ran the same part on my Prusa with a textured bed it snapped too. I ran it on my Prusa mini with a smooth bed and it worked perfect. Could this be the issue?

Firmware 01.01.01.00 (latest update)

I have a thread I started with how to care for the gold textured plates.

About the problem with the nozzle scratching the printed infill as mentioned earlier in the thread, I found a possibe solution.

Unchecking the “reduce infill retraction” checkmark in the “others” tab makes the nozzle hop over the printed infill (presumed “hop when retracting” is on) when it’s for example traveling across disjoint areas of solid infill.

2 Likes

He is correct, IPA helps increase time between washing with soap and water, but a true washing is needed every so often.

1 Like

It’s interesting that @SupportAssistant actually recommend not using IPA.

4 Likes

Interesting on the no IPA, guess I will stop doing that. Thanx for the update.

If I’ve learned anything in my 3d printing journey, do what works for you. There are lots of conflicting opinions online of what works and doesn’t work.

3 Likes

I have had my A1 for almost 2 weeks and started having issues today with the nozzle dragging on prints. I haven’t changed anything and have printed a dozen great prints before this issue started today. I’m on the latest firmware using the 0.4 nozzle. I had the nozzle drag on both items I printed today and both were sliced in Bambu Studio beforehand. I’m recalibrating now to see if that resolves the issue.

1 Like

I have the same issue. 80% of my prints fails because the nozzle hits the print. I changed the infill pattern, the filament brand, temperature, fan speed, recalibrating the machine. Turning off the automatic flow compensation. Calibrating the flow and pressure advance manually and still hitting the prints.

This is so frustrating, im going to return the printer, i don´t want to still being beta tester afte 2 kilos of waste material, waste a lot of time and money on this print. Even my ender 3 works better than this “plug and play user friendly machine”.

Bambu, put less money on marketing, and more on quality control.

edit. I found this bed leveling gcode, maybe it helps somebody I found the bed leveling Gcode at the wiki and i saw that my bed was bad leveling. So i follow the instructions and manual leveling the bed, im going to try recalibrate everything and print some tests.

If it works, you will now.

The instructions for bed leveling, here A1 Bed Tramming | Bambu Lab Wiki

1 Like

yo puse nozzle 0,4 y puse a imprimer a capa 0,12 y la ultima capa de arriba del todo fatal , volvi a poner una a 0,2 y ultima capa bien, a si que es un fallo que tienen

Tengo colgado un post en este mismo foro con un video donde se escucha el doloroso ruido de la raspadura. En mi opinion es tema de software, a ver si lo resuelven pronto.

„Calibration? Gone!“ or „Perfection in every print“ - VFA is back (kinda), nozzle dragging on prints and inconsistent layer lines (height). If they would put as much love into their projects (or support) like they put into marketing…

1 Like

Could you please try unchecking the option for ‘Reduce infill retractions’ under Process settings/Others?

1 Like

Hello amzaldua.
Thank you verry much for your idea\solution!!

i had the same issue, the nozzle scratching over the print, causing numerous failed Prints.
This seems to be the Soulution, to dissable the Feature:Reduce infill retractions.
right now i am printing the second part without any issue!

I cant be sure, this works for every possible constellation/print, but it helps me a lot!!

Printer A1 FW 01.01.01.00
Bambu Studio 1.8.4.51

1 Like

You are welcome! :blush:
I have two small changes that would help reduce dragging even more:

2 Likes

A1 finally setup. Did not update the firmware, so I’m at 01.00.00.06

No problems at 0.2 layer height, going to do .08 today