A1 Recall ……

Yea your experience is very relatable over the las 4 years of so ive been in 3D printing 3 of those years are using the ender 3 v2 and i too also experience electricak shocks due to bad earthing. But this new printer really is quite the game changer not only for those who is in the 3D printing industry but also for newcomers who doesnt have to learn the steep learning curve from the old ages of 3D printing

There is a update on their Instaagram. I cannot add Links, because that would acutally help people on the internet but look for yourself then.

Bambulab_official

There are pics and details and "The first batch of replacement heatbed units is arriving at local warehouses[…]

You don’t need to go to instagram. Look at the Announcement category here, or click The Bambu Lab A1 is making its comeback! - #3 by 3DPrintPioneers

5 Likes

Is it supposed to be a new heat bed plus cable or just a new cable that’s coming for those who opted to replace on their own?

Heat bed with cable, as I understand it.

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem, repeatedly. There is never a physical problem, just that annoying false alarm that stops prints.

What kind of joke is this? Is it imperative for European users to obtain a certificate in order to use the machine and have warranty? If so, BBL is going to generate many complaints and return requests. Many, including myself, have based their decision to keep it on the understanding that it would not cost them a single euro more, and now BBL are coming out with the requirement of a certificate for its operation. A certificate that in some cases will cost the same as the printer.

1 Like

It’s because of our european laws. A lot of them are good laws but this is more for the protection of customers. This community has many technical people who built their own printers from ground up, but not everyone is the same. You can’t ask a person that is not a technical to change these cables and do this flawless first time.

I understand and agree with our European laws, but for building a Prusa and Voron printer, it is not necessary to be an electrician technician. What is the difference?

the heat bed of those printers do not run off mains power would be one major difference

These standards apply for equipment in a work environment. It seems logical that if a A1 printer is used professionnally, or as an educationnal use (at school), it would require to be safe and the company/school will be liable if equipment is not tested properly. For individual use, these standards are not required unless some of EU countries have higher standards.

Extract from these standards:
“Since March 2020 and November 2020, the new standards EN 50678 and EN 50699 have been published.
These standards are to be regarded as support for compliance with the European Directive for Occupational Safety 2009/104/EU on minimum safety and health requirements for the use of work equipment by employees at work. Due to different areas of application at national level, both standards have now been adapted to the European directives.”

3 Likes

The difference is that those people that build Prusa or Voron from scratch know what they are doing and have been working with electric wires before. Someone that is asking why their prints look ugly a week later after buying their first printer… is most likely not going to figure out how to install it, even with instructions. That’s why they might have to get someone else to do it for them.

And regardless of bed running from main power or not, it’s equally dangerous. In fact some Vorons use way higher power wattage for their heaters, which is quite dangerous. Not to mention those DC converters have capacitors that store energy and can be dangerous even when not plugged in.

In the end it’s common sense, it’s for the user protection. If I don’t know how to repair or change something on a car, I ask someone that knows or use a service because it’s safer.

2 Likes

What does that have to do with anything?
And how are you so sure that some of those who were asking about the poor quality of their prints in the first week aren’t engineers themselves? Similarly, not necessarily everyone who sets out to assemble a Prusa or Voron printer has to have knowledge of electronics. Your asnwer have not any sense.

1 Like

Kit’s don’t carry certification. Finally products generally do.

1 Like

???
It’s a response to the above, when you said:

I said a technical person. Not an electrician technician, not engineer like you changed in your last post, not whatever profession you will say next. A technical person doesn’t need to have a degree but it has experience or at least knowledge. A person that can understand the basics of electricity, circuits and so on.

Which is why I don’t agree at all. It’s not necessary to be an engineer or someone with a degree, but general knowledge of electronics is required. Put someone who only studied literature or something else their whole life, and never opened any electronics or bought a cable in their life, do this. It’s simply not for everyone. The majority don’t know how to assemble a simple PC from parts, which is much easier than a 3d printer, and you think this 3d community is full of engineers.

Zootechnical engineer perhaps, because otherwise they would have found the answer in the very first search. Engineers like to find answers themselves before asking others. Or it would have been common sense why plastic is not sticking to the bed after a while,
Anyway, it was a general example, not a specific one, where the point is that their question have been asked a million times and answered a million times, and it’s always the same… wash the plate, it’s your fingers after eating your slice of pizza near the printer.
You know what’s even crazier. There is a wiki website where you can find all the problems and the answer to them. It’s linked in multiple locations Crazy, right?

As an individual, it would be a relief for me if it only applied to business and educational environments, but clarification from BambuLab regarding its application to individuals and how this affects the warranty in various cases would be necessary. In the case of a company or educational institution, it would still be logical to be outraged by this situation since BBL has the responsibility to offer a product or solutions that are properly certified without the need to spend tens or hundreds of hours reviewing all the documentation related to regulations. So, in both cases, informing about this situation now remains a serious mistake by BambuLab.

So, is it correct for you to inform customers before shipping the hotbed about these requirements?"

What requirements?

And what did Bambu not inform you about? Back in February there was a blog post, also sent to email by everyone. There they say to carefully think about the choice you make. There was a link to a wiki and a video. I’ve watched the video about how to change the bed, and yes, it was easy enough and opted to keep the printer instead of sending it back. You also got another 6 months of warranty for that, as it was written there. People should have read the wiki and watched the video, to be informed, and not wake up just now.

And people can’t even read the current text. It says to be verified by an Electrical Skilled Person, not by an Electrical qualified person. That standard is nothing but making sure everything is inserted correctly, you didn’t cut cables or place them in the wrong place, to make sure you don’t shock yourself and so on. These are very basic protective measures. And by the way, this applies to any electronic you buy in Europe, with voltage over 25V, basically any tv or anything you plug into the socket. Bambu just made sure you know about this. It’s like writing ‘do not eat’ on some products, which is mostly common sense.

2 Likes

Oh man, you seem like a Bambulab fanboy. Let me try again: In February, Bambulab didn’t mention anything about the need to certify the installation of the bed by an electrician after installing it before putting it into operation. This is the requirement that I mentioned. Did I explain myself better? You’re assuming that any buyer of a Bambulab 3D printer has to take for granted that it’s necessary to certify the installation according to European regulations.
You’ve shown that you’re very intelligent, or at least that you have a lot of knowledge regarding 3D printing. Now, put yourself in the shoes of the people for whom this supposedly plug-and-play printer was intended and consider if they should take for granted that after installing the bed, this installation has to be certified by an electrician. Obviously, ordinary people wouldn’t think about it with the text that Bambulab distributed in February. A little empathy, please.

3 Likes