A1 wont print silk

It’s the filament that’s the problem, at least in my case, even more if it’s one of those with two or three colors. The nozzle gets “clogged”, but more like the filament is stuck and doesn’t want to move further. Test it yourself with a 0.2 nozzle. When I test it (2 times already), it’s after the nozzle goes cold then warm again. It doesn’t really want to move further, it’s stuck. To get it unstuck I had to heat up the nozzle to the max (on empty) and took many good minutes till everything melted and went out, drop by drop.

With the 0.4 nozzle it can work fine, if you heat it like +5°C more than the usual. I use 225°C (more than recommended) but this way it doesn’t get stuck. I also get higher quality prints with this temperature. With this higher temp you also have to do a PA and flow calibration for the filament. After setting up those values then I never enable dynamic flow calibration.

Do you set your min to 225? I am having the same issue with Bambu Silk 2 color. When I select the default the max is 240 and min is 190. I am going to give 225 min a try.

Nailed it! I stood and watched the print and sure enough the coil wrapped over the reel. Downloading/Printing your file now, Thank you!!!

2 Likes

I was printing my silks at 240, found that it was doing it on Bambu pla basic too. Roll was near its end and printed air :woman_facepalming: it has to be the back tension if the ams pulling too tight on the filament when the roll gets low. I unwrapped the silk filament from the spool and just let it feed naturally and it printed totally fine. So frustrating.

have you test it ? did it worked ?

Boas, sou novo neste mundo do 3D e estou exatamente com o mesmo problema com o filamento da bambu pla silk 2 cores, imprimi o teu modelo melhora um bocado mas chega a um ponto que volta a fazer o mesmo, a ficar preso e não sai mais filamento
Se me conseguires ajudar, agradecia

marcelo para que outros percebam devia-mos falar em EN!

I think that strange! can you send pics of your leaver to see if it is well assemble?

Alright Ricardo :+1:t3:

It says I can’t embed media items here, How do I put photos here?

thanks

normaly i make print screen!
lol

I have the same Problem. i extrude the filament without the nozzle. It don´t work, especialy with the AMS. The pull is too strong. I test the filament in the x1c, it worked fine! The filament is not realy round, its oval. I wrote it to the support. They sent me a new role, but i think it wioll not work. I think the extruder pulley is the problem and the hack would work. But it could not be the solution ton print a new part. We will see, what the support will do…

The way i used pla silk (generic) on my mini was without the ams , printed for 14 hrs without issue (model has a profile madeavase)

normal silk works fine! its the problme with the dual silk, becaus it is oval and the extruder cant grab it. I tested it without the ams with external role. It started but during the print it stoped extrude…

Amazon brand eono triple colour ( red gold and blue ) at least 8 mths old

this could work, becaus there you have not the oval problem. But this is a workaround. I think, that original Bambu Filament should work on the A1!

Updated my experience from the last time. Personally I only use Eryone silk for now, It seems reliable enough. Single color silk, dual color, and lots of tri color silk. I have a new dryer and since then it’s been a big improvement. All of those roles have been in the dryer before printing, for two rounds each. I never had any problems loading all those roles into the AMS lite. Still printing at 225°C/65°C, halved all the speeds, lowered volumetric speed, flow ratio 0.96, K is 0.03 something, at least from my tests, and there are no strings or anything weird, and the quality is very good. This is on 0.4 nozzle. I wouldn’t try again on 0.2, and I might switch to 0.6 for silk.

It’s nothing weird, just needs more attention, unlike regular PLA.

I have serious problems with bambulab gold silk and the a1 mini ams light breaking inside the gears of the exteuder… 2 times so far in a multicolor print!
Its a silk problem … normal pla has no problems at all.
Doesn’t bambulab make filaments that are supposed to be compatible with ams?
I find i have frequent problems with matte and silk bambulab filaments when using on my a1 and a1 light ams light units … on my p1s ams no problems so far

Same issue - filament is oval - gears slip on it

If the problem is that one maybe you can try this !

1 Like

Hi All,
Based on what I can see no one is able to print with dual silk with the AMS but it seems to be working from the external? is that a good summary?:slight_smile:
thanks all !

So far yes. It has been better since the last firmware update. It is the worst when the roll is low and light, then it seems like that back tension on the AMS is pulling the filament to tight against the gears of the ams, then causing it to slip and fail.