About the Site Feedback category

Discussion about the forum, its organization, how it works, and how we can improve it.

We need a feature requests section. I’m not signing up to GitHub now we have a forum

1 Like

I’m new to this forum and can’t create a new thread. I’m sure this is an anti-spam technique, but I really would like to ask a question. What can be done to fix this?

My original question is: If I have two spools of ABS loaded into my AMS unit and the first spool goes empty in the middle of a print, is the printer/AMS smart enough to both detect an empty spool and automatically load up the new spool to continue printing? Thanks!

2 Likes

GitHub is a much better way to submit and track issues. Using the forum for that means that issues will be missed and not get added to the Github project. On the forum you won’t see when they are fixed, or why they cannot be.

Did you ever find out why you can’t post as I just joined and can’t post either so I was wondering if there was a set amount of time before a newbie can start posting new topics.

Funny enough, posting on this thread plus visiting the forum from time to time helped jailbreak me

Yeah it did the same for me yesterday. I didn’t see that information written anywhere which may be helpful to newcomers to know ahead of time when they first join.

1 Like

I can’t start new topics either. – How is this supposed to work?!?

I’m having he same issue. Frustrating when I have a question I need help with

The ONLY REASON I’ve joined this forum is to ask a question. If I can’t start a new topic, how the heck do I ask my question?

If you’ve implemented some sort of “you must participate this much before you can start new topics” then:

1. TELL US THAT. The number of people posting in this thread saying “why can’t I post topics?” indicates you have a fundemental failure to communicate.

2. THAT’S NOT USEFUL. People are coming here to get help. They need to be able to ASK FOR HELP if they need help. That means either letting them post new topics or accepting that people are going to spam irrelevant threads.

In short:

YOUR SITE IS BROKEN.

Please fix it. And also, actually reply to the people asking this question.

How do I create a new post? I don’t seem to have an option for it

yeah me neither, really annoying

Adding a reply to be able to post new topic.

How 'bout allowing a new user to create a post so I can ask a question!!! Yes, I’ve searched and turned up nothing related to my specific issue.

Thank you.

Help! I can’t even log on using my computer (I’m on my iPhone now). Yes, I’ve tried multiple browsers, cleared cookies/cache etc. It won’t work. I struggled to even order the printer and had to do that by phone. Please help!
PS…tried to show a screen shot of the broken screen that I get when logging on by computer but then it says I can’t add a photo!
How I can I get some help. The phone and iPad are too small!

I still can’t post a new topic

You have basic access now. :smiley: You earned it by reading a few posts.

Trust Level 1 – Basic

At Discourse, we believe reading is the most fundamental and healthy action in any community. If a new user is willing to spend a little time reading, they will quickly be promoted to the first trust level.

Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed
  • Send PMs
  • Upload images and attachments if enabled
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • Mute other users

Admins can change these thresholds by searching for tl1 in site settings.

1 Like

I have been trying to check out all day. Are your servers busy for Black Friday? I have tried on multiple browsers, different ISP’s at work and at home. Still can’t check out. This is under the US site. Under Global it works. But not US.

I registered on the support forum to get support, but I can’t get support because the SUPPORT forum doesn’t let me post a new topic.

Fix this.

After too much searching I found the answer on Reddit of all places, not your own forum, and learned that I need to post replies before I can post topics. So here’s a reply.
Now please fix my account so I can post topics and get support on … you know… your support forum.

1 Like

Can’t make a new post either… Would be helpful to have written instructions that mention why someone can’t post until a certain time or amount of replies. Whatever the trigger is that allows someone to make a new post.