All filament sold out?

Stuff is back again … go and grab you filaments :grinning:

Nope, all kinds of stuff sold out still.

Yeah ok, but what I meant was “when will the staff be back from Holiday so they can give us an update or restock”.

1 Like

Maybe … I am using the EU store.

Indeed. Quite a dissaster

I received no in-stock notification emails, not in spam either, but I happened to look and some of the filaments and a hotend I had requested to be notified about were in stock. Disappointing that something so simple as in-stock notifications don’t work.

1 Like

When I bought my printer I was going to use exclusively Bambu filament since it’s a decent price anyways. They never have the filament I want, so I’m still using Polymaker and Prusa for anything other than basic PLA

2 Likes

I’ve been using mostly polymaker filaments both PLA and ASA with good success using the generic profiles. I use the ABS profile for ASA, works great.

They’re a new company experiencing a major backlog in the supply chain, things take time right now unfortunately.

The Polymaker ASA gets SUPER weak along layer lines if you use the Generic ASA profile

I guess we all appreciate that. But the last one can do is INFORM CUSTOMERS, especially when they make suggestions how to handle the information gap.

What do you use for profile or tweaks then?

I see other folks recommending 10c bump up in hotend temp. Do you do the same?

1 Like

This is what I’ve come up with to get decent looking prints that are still strong. The default profile makes good prints that have brittle layer lines. No cooling makes really ugly, really strong prints.

Polymaker ASA
Enclosure 40-50C
Nozzle 260C
Bed 100C
Flow Ratio 0.9215
Linear Advance 0.022
Volumetric Speed 12
Cooling Fan 5-20
Overhang Cooling 100
Aux Fan 0
Outer Wall Speed 50
Overhang Speed 40-30-10-10
All other speeds default

@Ciprian Please pass on to someone responsible for the shop situation

Much of the things are “sold out”, like FIlament. No Info when it will be back. Now i saw this one with the info that it will be be back at a certain time. THIS is what I do suggest to mark the other products with so that people know, when to come back. Again, I know there is a notification link, but there is feedback that this didn’t work. When notification was sent and received product was sold out again.

Same here: when I received the notification the selected item was again sold out.

2 Likes

They expect you to sit on the web page hitting refresh so you see the instance it is available again. You snooze, you lose. :grin:

2 Likes

Same here - notifications don’t work. How about allowing backorders? Then everyone is in a queue, and also you get the best signal for actual demand.

1 Like

Good idea- Only, they don’t react on any of the suggestions, prayers etc. Pitty …

Or are people asking too much of them all at the same time? They can only work on so many requests at a time. It probably makes sense to prioritize and work on things that make the biggest impact first.

Might be the case, but when people write that they have opened tickets days ago and haven’t heard back, this makes we wonder. If you read comments here and in FB groups and Reddit, there is so much frustration piling up… Warped beds are not being replaced or when they are replaced, customers are receiving another warped bed, a fan has to be replayed and then they go like “sorry, solkd out, can’t send at the moment” and silence thereafter etc

I have received a reply and a "good suggestion " to one of my proposals incl “will pass on to sales team”, nothing happens. Ok, may they din’t think the same way, but anyway…

Yes, they may have a difficult time, due to Covid (CNY is ver by now) and even if they can’t openly communicate their status, a statement of a somewhat general consensus is always possible. If it it came from the USA office.