All filament sold out?

And to think they could drop everything to implement all of your suggestions – even if they would be beneficial to the majority of their customers. Wild. I think your expectations are a tad high.

1 Like

Yes, my expectation WAS high when I paid 1600 Euro for the printer. Over the time my level of frustration is increasing, since there are a number of steps available to improve the level of customer happiness which don’t cost a Cent. And this is Communcation. Pretty simple thing. I want my investment to maintain its value and not being told, when I sell the printer, "Oh no, there are so many deficiencies, bad support, no spares, no nothing " - but I guess this is just wishful thinking.

The fact that you paid 1600 Euro (or any amount for a printer) does not give you the right to make suggestions and expect they be completed right away (or ever). You bought a printer – not a seat on their board where you get to decide the direction of their company.

Making any kind of improvement does not come at no cost (unless you mean no cost to you personally).

You’re expecting the impossible. If Bambu Lab dropped everything and somehow managed to keep filament in stock at all times, you’d quickly forget about that small win and move onto the next thing that hasn’t been rectified. Maybe spend some time praising all of the work they’ve accomplished so far – and continue to accomplish every month.

Also, keep in mind that your personal priorities might (and probably do) differ from the priorities of other Bambu Lab printer owners. And then we’re back to the idea that Bambu Lab cannot work on everything at the same time…

3 Likes

It appears that you haven’t followed the comments from many users about their experience with BL Be it the lack of response concerning shipping, even when the final invoice was paid, lack of feedback on tickets, lack of solutions concerning warped beds (except sending new, but still warped beds), no or bad function of notification that product is available in the store, etc. . And so on. improving communication, like sending updates by email does not cost a Cent, but will improve happiness or better understanding amongst customers. I can suggest many things, I am not expecting anything. I can only hope for the better. I am not here to praise the hardware, I paid for it. Whereby I now learned that the LIDAR does not work with the textured plate. Does it work at all ? I am happy that at least Studio is open source so that clever people have been able to come up with solutions to handle the missing parts of Studio. I was called a fanboy once, I am not one like that. I will always open my mouth and talk about the things that need to be talked about.

Not at all. I can see the same threads as you. Just because people are posting issues here doesn’t mean everyone is experiencing these issues. It also doesn’t mean Bambu Lab isn’t helping anyone with support requests.

Time is money. It certainly costs many cents to provide support.

Right on. It’s good to see there are knowledgeable people here willing to share their skills.

Me too. We will have to agree to disagree on this topic.

2 Likes

breaks out the popcorn well this is entertaining

2 Likes

Not expecting the impossible, this is expecting the reasonable, and they would be rewarded if they did. If they managed to keep filament in stock, a bunch of us would be buying more of it.

It’s ridiculous to say “don’t fix a problem because there will just be more problems”.

1 Like

Leave them alone :slight_smile: A young company, just developing and learning. And the demand exceeded expectations. They’ve taken over the market, everyone wants bambu, and we’re stuck. Give them some time to get it all together. They try very hard anyway, a lot of fixes have already been released in a short time, and even requests such as LAN mode, backup filaments on AMS etc., etc., etc.
And so we got a piece of cool equipment for little money. The competition is hundreds of years behind and costs even more. They will slowly take over logistics, production and customer service.

Certainly. And Bambu Lab probably wants it to be in stock more than anyone. It’s silly to think anyone would want otherwise. But, in the meantime, there’s a ton of other brands of filament in stock all across the Internet. If you cannot find usable filament somewhere, then you’re doing it wrong.

There’s literally nobody here saying that.

2 Likes

Yes, the hadrware is awsome. All that I was saying is that with a bit more communication things could be a lot more stress free. Just check and see the massive amount of people that are waiting for news left, right and center.

But do you realize how many hundreds of thousands of submissions they get? Small little nonsense “because PLA doesn’t stick to the table” and thousands of other such fillers. Someone has to take care of it all, it’s not a few workers in a room. They made a revolution but attracted a lot of people who have no idea about 3D printing. And they clog support with unnecessary questions.
Give them time to expand hotline/support. They probably did not expect such interest themselves.
Slowly you can see improvements, some things in the store get the annotation “expected delivery xxx”. It’s not one click and all eu/us/etc stores. they will get a fix. The change needs to be tested, a procedure must be introduced to update who, when, where and how, and implement it on systems in several countries.
It’s obvious they’re not sleeping and they didn’t blow anyone away. It just takes time.

3 Likes

If someone wants a proven product, tested over the years, they can always go and buy, for example, a Prusa. Over the years, there’s nothing much to improve there. Only you will wait for 63h to print instead of 16h (example Printables). Something for something :slight_smile: It’s like switching from petrol to Tesla, for example. By the way, despite such refinement, their forum is full of problems “because something doesn’t work for me”

1 Like

" If Bambu Lab dropped everything and somehow managed to keep filament in stock at all times, you’d quickly forget about that small win and move onto the next thing that hasn’t been rectified."

2 Likes

This is all just valuable feedback for them, which is a gift from customers. The company doesn’t need to be defended, it needs to listen to feedback and change - this is true for all businesses. I’m not complaining, I’m trying to help them. Without feedback it is very hard to improve.

I’ve had no problems finding and using filament from other sources. It’s a missed opportunity for them. If it isn’t a priority (which it doesn’t seem to be) then the buyers (us) will go do something else as we are.

Such a fantastic quote. No?

The point? There will always be outstanding issues. No sense in ranting about things that aren’t resolved yet as Bambu Lab works through each issue. Document them and wait patiently for them to be resolved.

Given how responsive Bambu Labs has been to feedback with the printer’s software and how quickly they implement changes in that area, I suspect they have heard your feedback (along with everyone else’s) when it comes to their filament.

All the gifts of feedback from customers won’t make things happen quicker, especially since Bambu Labs uses third party manufacturers to make their filament. Business doesn’t move at the speed of light and change doesn’t happen overnight. These things take time.

Almost every single filament refill was in stock last night in the US store when I checked (and still appear to be in stock). Full rolls of quite a few filaments are also in stock now as well. There are some that are still out of stock, but nothing indicates that filament is “not a priority.” If anything, it seems like a significant improvement from the complaints about filament when this thread was started a month ago.

1 Like

LOL they had like one color of each type in stock, so the Sold Out tag is gone. However, when you click on the filament to buy it, only one color is in stock.

1 Like

It’s not like they don’t want to give you filaments and they don’t care :slight_smile: They set up some demand, signed contracts or set up their own production lines. Suddenly it turned out that it was not enough, no one in a day, two or a week will build a new line or sign new contracts for larger deliveries. They started from kickstarter and no one could have expected if and how big it would be a success. And so, by some miracle, they listen to people and implement new things to the software or patches quite quickly. But screaming every day won’t speed things up, on the contrary, it makes a mess :slight_smile:

2 Likes

companies that have unexpected success, and can’t build quickly enough to keep up with that demand, often end up failing. People move on quickly when their needs aren’t being met fast enough.

3 Likes

Yep, checked last night. Any number of things I would have bought were out of stock still.