Allow us to select a new AMS slot when the filament runs out

It would be nice that if the filament runs out you could select the next spool it should use at that point in case you forgot to confugre the automatic system.Maybe a dialog like
“Filament ran out. Please select a new slot to continue printing or replace the spool and try again”

10 Likes

Would be a nice feature. Maybe limit the selection to slots with the same material as the one that ran out. Would prevent printing ASA at PLA temps for example.

This feature is highly appreciated for my opinion. I was wandering why it’s not working out of the box.

100% agree this is a no brainer. Just got hit by this myself.

And let us ignore the Color if the Material is the same … sometimes i dont care about the Color if i can stich a print together with the rest of the filament laying around

The work around seems to be if you manually input/override the color the ams should auto switch without issue.

4 Likes

Not if you load a Bambu Spool with the RFID Tag.
That maybe works with other Brand Spools or Spools without Tag.
But it really would be a big Improvement to have these Options

I thought the AMS automatically switches to another spool of the same material and color?

It’s there, it’s just hard to find: Auto switch filament doesn't work - #30 by just4memike

However, the AMS has still hugh potential, my actual wish list:

1. At Slicer / Prepair / Filament: A Check box to set a slot passive. e.g. only work with slot 3 and 4.

2. Also a definition of a reserve slot, e.g. slot 8 as a reserve for slot 7 as well in Slicer / Prepair / Filament.

3. When sending print jobs to the printer, not only a display of “A1” and “it`s color”, may the material type in AMS as well and may de…

4. assignment of multiple colours when printing again (X1C display will adjust the data sent back to slot 1 doesn’t matter how the datas was sent).

However, I can see that the solution is not easy and that implementation will certainly take some time - since it afects the printer, the slicer as well as the AMS as well. However, I think ones they will make something simular happen. The AMS is still a hugh potential - and is probably the reason why none of the competitors (from my point of view) can keep up. I used Bambulab because they also work on there models and don’t constantly come up with a new machine every month. That builds a high level of trust and saves a lot of my money as well… thank you I highly appreciate that.

Of course, it would be really nice to use the higher numbered slots as a reserve for materials that are seldom needed or as a storage for a slot which goes for a short time under high stress. It would be really nice to be able to access only those high numbered slots via the slicer in case some unusual printouts pop up, to go back to normal operation once the special work is done… What they implement will keep them on the top for a long time. Think the hidden treasures of the machine are only now slowly coming to light. By the way, today in a 1 hour personal discussion (face to face) with a P1S owner who had to realize that there is a difference to the X1 Carbon…