AMS filament will not load

Thank you I had the same silly issue and this post helped me

I just got my cx1 AMS combo, loaded the filament it came with but I keep getting ā€œout of filamentā€ when I even first click on the bench and go to hit print now it tells me filament type is unrecognizable. Iā€™m just trying to print I was so excited please help!

Iā€™m also not seeing any lights nor does it show ā€œamsā€ in the temperature/axis menu

Make sure your cables from the printer to the AMS is properly seated. Some are hard to push in to get a good connection.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to think they are as in there as they can get, I unplugged and plugged back in almost 10 different times and I was still getting no lights, and it still wonā€™t show on my led screen

Hello All,

I ran into an issue with my AMS right from the start. The AMS would load the filament and then jam up and the extruder would go into a loop of unloading and loading. I tried a lot of things. This is what worked for me. First, take the AMS apart and check if any filament is stuck in the four tubes. Next, remove the tubes from the AMS internal unit assembly shown in the picture and remove the four screws in each corner. Check the white plastic gears and see if they rotate at all. If they wonā€™t move with your fingers or you have to use excessive force, loosen the four hex screws on top circled in red. That should loosen the gears up. If the gears were already rotating with no issues, manually load a piece of filament to see if there is a jam in one of the slots using the gears to load and unload. I hope this helps!

I couldnā€™t upload my picture. Google the AMS internal hub unit to see what I am talking about.

Thank you!
Had the same issue, also thought it was a button to push down! Needed to lif it up / back towards to spool to allow the filament to be loaded.

Whew! Saved my a$$ in the middle of a two day print!

Thank you x 1000 X Thank you!

Same issue. Brand new unit brand new Bambo printer. I canā€™t get past initial setup. It will move the filament back and forth then nothing.

This thing is a huge gimmick and a waste of 1000 bucks. I should have known better as itā€™s way too complicated for a layman to understand.

I continiously get the error that itā€™s out of filament and Iā€™ve tried everything suggested. Iā€™m ready to pitch the entire unit through a window and go back to printing with my Artillery X2 which has been flawless and easy to use.

Thanks for asking this, Iā€™ve been struggling with the same issue. It is not at all intuitive that you need to pull the tab back! Would be nice if this was noted in the quick start guide