AMS keep loading and unloading

I have been having trouble all day first the filament was stuck from ams to nozel i fixed that now ams is loading and unloading its getting to the ams then unloading so i put an external roll on and it works perfect i done calibration etc any help or is ams buggered thanks

Check the firmware for the AMS and make sure it’s the newest version.

I have a relatively new P1s. The AMS is continuously doing the feed unfeed, stop start issue for port 1 and 3. I put in a ticket and they asked me to print on another port and report back, which I did. Then they asked me to film the issue, which I did. Then they referred me to a wiki. Thanks Bambu. Not one iota of real help.

I have a similar problem with the AMS2 Pro. It only happens on slot 4 and I have tried different filaments. It is being pulled into the hub and then is retrieved again. This happens maybe every 2nd time I try to use the filament. So slot 4 is basically useless for multi-material prints.

My thinking is that if this only happens on one slot independent of the filament the problem is likely with on the path that is only used by slot 4 (so not in the buffer or the connection from AMS to the hub.

I have created a ticket for this. They suggest it could be debris in the AMS and recommended to follow this WIKI ams-2-pro/troubleshooting/clean-the-filaments-hub

That procedure looks scary if you do it for the first time. Has anyone done it and it fixed their problem?

But the odd thing is that I basically had it from the start when I got the printer and AMS Pro 2. There shouldn’t have been any debris yet.

C’est quand même inadmissible qu’il y ait autant de problèmes avec cet AMS. Les forums du monde entier parlent de se souci. À part quelques problèmes de fils coincés il est indéniable que ce modèle n’est pas fiable. Mon AMS neuf n’a jamais marché correctement. Des kilomètres de filaments gâchés et du temps perdu à n’en plus finir. pour. moi le filament (n’importe quelle marque) arrive presque en forçant à l’entrée de l’extrudeur puis repart dans l’AMS trois ou quatre fois avant de lancer un message d’erreur. on dirait que le moteur de l’AMS n’est pas assez puissant pour pousser le câble. j’étais conquis à l’achat de cette imprimante (j’ai mis quatre mois avant de brancher l’AMS et tout marchait bien). du jour où j’ai branché ce fichu accessoire ma vie a été gâchée. mon plus mauvais achat en dix ans. ça plus leur limitations avec les nouveaux firmwares, c’est bien la dernière fois que je fais confiance à cette marque. je vais essayer de me faire rembourser.

It’s still unacceptable that there are so many problems with this AMS. Forums all over the world are talking about this problem. Apart from a few stuck wire issues, it’s undeniable that this model is not reliable. My new AMS never worked properly. Kilometers of wasted filament and endless wasted time. For me, the filament (any brand) arrives almost forcing itself into the extruder inlet and then goes back into the AMS three or four times before throwing an error message. It seems that the AMS motor is not powerful enough to push the cable. I was won over when I bought this printer (it took me four months before connecting the AMS and everything worked fine). From the day I connected this damn accessory, my life was ruined. My worst purchase in ten years. That, plus their limitations with the new firmware, is the last time I trust this brand. I will try to get a refund.

I had a similar issue. I rolled back my firmware on the ams to the previous version and it fixed this. As all ports would stop/start feed and the only thing that fixed it was rebooting the printer. and even then I had to manually enter filament type for bambu filament rather than the ams reading it

Hi team,
I had the same issue from brand new
Connected everything up as per the instructions
Loaded the supplied PLA into the AMS 2
It would feed through everything to the extruder and then withdraw the filament back to the ams and try another 3 times until it came up with an error
I took videos and photos and raised a ticket - very frustrating
I worked out that when auto feed with the ams to filament would not hit the limit switch in the extruder but when I manually did it it would work every time
BBL supplied me with a new extruder assembly and I replaced it as soon as it arrived
Crossed my fingers and toes that it would work and hasn’t missed a beat since then

This is exactly what mine is doing. Did you get it figured out?

Yes for me it was a PTFE tube from the AMS to the printer that was too long. I don’t know why it only affected the 4th slot but I haven’t had any problems since shortening it (not too short, you don’t want sharp bends).

I have the AMS2 for 1 day. I have printed a benches on Slots 1,3 and 4. Slot 2 takes in about 4 feet of filiment the retracts it all back out but doesn’t eject it. It just grinds and grinds until I pull out the last of it. Tried other colors, other vendors … same issue! I tool off the tube at the hub on the back and fed filiment all the way to the motor with no obstructions or resistance. Sounds like lots of different issues for similar printer symptoms. I think that my issue is the AMS motor in Slot 2 or we all are having firmware issues. Ideas ?

AMS2 Pro slot #1 always fails to load filament, any brand, any color loads up until it gets to the extruder, then reverses. What I have discovered is that if I open the lid on the AMS and very gently push on the filament I can feel something grab the filament, and that resolves the issue.
BUT, I have to do this every time I use a new or different reel of filament. Never have this issue with either of the older AMS 1’s It is almost like the motor on that slot #1 AMS2 is weak or not getting enough power. I am going to try adding the external power supply as suggested by another user and see if that helps.

Same problem: The AMS feeds the filament about 1" or so out of the rear port past the internal filament feeder-hub and then stops, never gets to the Buffer. It then retracts waits, an starts over, repeats, etc. This occurs with all 4 slots/reels. I checked the PTFE tube for obstructions and there are none. I opened the AMS and checked the internal feeder-hub, and it’s clear. I did a power down, unplug, reset. No help. Any suggestions?

I found this thread while dealing with a similar problem. The AMS was loading filement all the way to the extruder and then retracting continuously. I tried the methods listed here (including replacing the filament sensor and AMS motor) and nothing helped. What turned out to be the problem was reverse magnet orientation in the filament buffer. I recently had to disassemble it to remove some nastily stuck pieces of a broken filament and I didn’t pay attention to the magnet orientation there. When I reversed it, everything started working fine again.
Leaving it here in case it saves anyone a month of investigations and some unnecessary parts replacements.

Hello everyone, let me share my experience with this ams (ams 2 pro, but it is the same for ams ht).

Printer: A1

Using the original tube length, when the head is fully to the left (filament loading position), the tube bends, often causing the “filament stuck/AMS motor overload” message.

I solved the problem by keeping the standard tubes, but adding free rotation to the hub. You can find the model of the hub support here: