This. I got the AMS 2 because I’m moving everything to the garage where it is not climate controlled. I live in central Texas so humidity can sometimes get pretty high in the garage.
There is a mount for the buffer on Maker World. It mounts to the top bar, so it won’t move with the Z-Axis. I have not tried it yet, but as soon as my current print finishes, it’s next. I’ve had five or six jams at the single outlet on the hub in only the 5 days I’ve had it, so I hope that fixes it.
I’ll have to look at that mount
Don’t know if you are referring to mine, but I made a series of brackets to mount the hub on A1 and A1mini frame:
I did run across yours. I like it. My printer did not have the holes for the screws. Bummer!
Oh, wait! I rechecked and I do have the screw holes! Got it downloaded and will print tomorrow. See if I have those screws in the stuff I have packed away and save a trip to the hardware store. ![]()
Not even the lower ones for the A1 “stiffener” ? I updated it to support those too.
I’ve been wondering, with the dryer function of the AMS 2 Pro, does it dry the desiccant as well or do we need to replace it every now and then? Or does it depend on the desiccant?
it does dry the desicant, funny enough im currently doing mine now i set it to 15 hours. first time using the dryer i normally change the desicant manually but i saved up alot so drying that in my x1c to as well as the ams2 it seems to be working
Thinking about getting an AMS2 for my A1 with the black friday sales too. (tho the HUB seems to sold out)
I am curious how you use the external spool when using the AMS2 Pro ?Just like regual or do you need to change something to make it work ?
I believe you use the external spool the same as normal, manually changing filament but through the four port adapter on the nozzle head not the new adapter hub, but not 100% sure.
That is correct.
You can also use other hubs.
i updated firmware to 01.07.00.00 and now i have options to conect:
- AMS Lite
- AMS / AMS 2 pro / AMS HT
Is Bambu planning on bundling the A1 with AMS 2 pro?
Hello,
I can’t see through with the necessary hub - sorry.
I have an A1 with AMS lite and would like to upgrade to the AMS 2 Pro.
Would it be correct / possible if I buy the “Bambu Lab AMS 2 Pro Upgrade Kit” for the AMS? The hub contained therein allows the use of up to 4 AMS (I currently do not need it) and would be immediately available, contrary to the “AMS Hub - A1 Series”.
Read what I wrote yesterday.
Thanks, then I’ll get the bundle.
They are not yet listing the A1 as a combo bundle with the AMS 2 pro. It still shows just the AMS lite combo, at least on the UK store.
So if you wanted an A1 and an AMS 2 pro or even an AMS 1, you’d have to order the printer alone, and order the AMS 2, and order the A1 hub.
The A1 hub is not linked to from the A1 pages or the AMS 2 pro page yet.
But if you type “A1 hub” in the Bambu store search box you find it.
Usually the AMS 2 and 1 have a significant discount when purchased as a bundle with a printer so I expect that will appear in due course once they have enough stock of the hubs and the printer firmware is out of beta.
Right now the AMS’s are on sale for a very extended Black Friday so it’s got a decent discount until early December
My AMS hub keeps jamming. When it comes in from being fed from the AMS 2 into the hub it cant make it to the PTFE that goes from the hub to the A1. I noticed the hub fails to fully retract down when it jams. Im going to try to use a longer PTFE tube to see if that helps. I might just replace both tubes to see if that helps.
Im also going to look at a different mounting bracket like the one mentioned above instead of bambu labs because it seems to be slipping off. I would like to mentioned that I removed all tube ties and mods so that there is nothing causing this issue. It still happens. I’m wondering if the provided PTFE tube for the A1 with the hub is too short. I know there’s two that come in the box, one is for the mini and the other for the A1. I’m definitely using the one for the A1 or it wouldnt reach the hub lol.
Anyone else experience this?
