This may help, but I can’t guarantee it will work the same for you. I have everything wall-mounted and have better luck with this configuration, even with my AMS Lite, than I did before I mounted all my AMS units. I had one person ask in the comments of my model, and got two DM’s on this same question so I know you are not the only one running into issues.
The tube going in to the buffer/hub needs to be as straight as possible, with no sharp turns. I also tried using the original AMS tube with my rear bracket and it is definitely on the short side, even with the AMS very close. I did not have any jams, but heard a few “snaps” as the filament go into the buffer.
Yeah when it wasnt jamming it was snapping. I printed and added the mount that goes behind the frame of the A1 and so far I havent had any jams or snapping. Although now that I replaced the PTFE tube with one from the AMS lite, its very long and now makes my AMS hub on the print head squeak since it isnt straight. I’m going to print something to keep all the PTFE tubes straight.
I also noticed that I’m having a lot of failing prints either from just bad print quality, for example, floating edges on a print now curve up, over extruding, etc. I’m running calibrations now and more testing now to see if calibration is all that is needed.
Prior to the AMS 2 I used the AMS lite and I never had print quality issues or anything lol.
Interesting, I’m having print issues with filament in the AMS2 on my A1 - specifically under extrusion. Same filament in spool holder /direct feed works fine. I’ve been re-orienting my AMS hub and trying different PTFE tubing lengths to see if I can address this.
I am also having quality issues now as well. The jamming for the most part is gone and the snapping also since I printed and added the behind the frame hub holder and swapped the PTFE tube back to the one it came with the hub. I think my squeaking is due to the AMS hub on the printhead getting sticky or something. Im going to clean it once the new parts come in.
As for the prints. For some reason it starts off well then slowly degrades. I have floating corners that are bending up. bad seams and warping on the lower parts of the print.
I always wash and clearn my plates and like I mentioned, it starts off fine then degrades. For example. I printed 10 zelda rupees and the last one for sure has all sorts of defects but the 1st one does not, just minor lifting at the floating corners.
Im not sure if its the firmware or what.
I did calibrations and all but yeah, I’ll keep printing and see what I can find.
Sounds like moisture in the filament - have you tried drying it.
You can turn on “brim” in Bambu Studio which gives you a thin single layer around the model that helps with adhesion and it is easy to trim with a knife if it doesn’t detach cleanly after printing.
I’ve been reading a lot about the A1+ AMS issue: filament stuck/AMS motor overload.
It’s clear that in most of the cases the problem is caused by excessive tube flexing, so I’m surprised Bambu Lab hasn’t considered a swivel/rotating hub. So… I recently made one.
I look forward to your feedback on how to improve it.
Currently, the hinge is 3D printed directly, but we could add a version with bearings if needed…