AMS Slot 4 feeding/retracting issues

I am tired of AMS issues since the very first date of ownership. I have an issue where the 4th slot seems that can’t grab the filament for automatic feeding or retracting, and I have to manually feed/push back the filament until it grabs. Even after printing with that slot and the spool is unloaded automatically, if I go to use it again, I get an error that it can’t feed the filament and I have to manually push it down till it catches again.
I also tried to change the spool with a full-weight official Bambu Lab spool but unfortunately, it had the same result… It always wants my contribution to making that tiny push by hand to load or unload the filament from the extruder or AMS.

In conclusion, I only have a problem with unloading/loading the filament into the extruder on multicolor prints where it needs constant changeover between the colors.

I have tried the following with no result:

• Printed several PTFE Guides/Brackets into the tool head.
  • Replaced all PTFE tubes.
  • Tried official Bambu Lab spools

See the video: https://streamable.com/8nhkfx

1 Like

Look to see if the gear is slipping on the center shaft. I could not see your gears in the video.

I think this is what your problem is gear slip do the ca glue fix or have Bambu lab warranty the AMS Feeder

1 Like