SLOT 2 first stage feeding issue

Since support are taking a long time to reply.

I have this issue with the first stage, where it cant seem to grab the filament for automatic feeding, and I have to manually feed the filament down until it grabs. Even after printing with that slot and the spool is unloaded automatically, if I go to use it again, I get an error that it can’t feed the filament and I have to manually push it down till it catches again.

Check out the video of it below

Any help at all would be awesome!

I had the same problem and wasn’t able to fix it. In the end I got a new 1st stage feeder from BambuLab and it works without problems since changing.

That’s what I assume I would need to do. But this is straight out of the box, so I would think Bambu need to send me one and not pay for a new one

1 Like

Yes, you have to write a ticket and everything will go its way.

Yeh I have, I had another topic asking about support times.

Put it in over a week ago and haven’t had a response.

Guess I’ll just wait

I waited 8 days for their first repley. After this, it were 24-48h. Best luck for your case!

I had the same issue. The problem is that the gears of the feeders slip on the shaft because production managed to use thin oil/grease which creeped between shaft and gears.

How did I solve it?

• Removed the gears from the shaft
  • Clean the oil/grease from the shaft and inside the gears
  • Put the gears back - glue them in place with CA

1 Like

Thanks for your repley, i will try to fix this at my “defect” 1st stage feeder!

Looks like it works for me also! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hello!
(sorry for my bad english)
I think I have the same issue. The motor don’t turn spool to load or unload filament… One part of yellow gear are not at the same position of the other first stage feeder… I would like to watch your video but it doesn’t launch… Can you reupload?

Thank you!

I think this is correct, because the active feeder should look differrent to the others.

You could check the problem while lifting the spool when it should turn (with a pen or something that it is able to turn). If the gears start working correctly it should be the problem as @rovster explained. His solution works fine for my defect 1st stage feeder.

1 Like

thank you!

But there is a special position of the gear befor I glue it? :sweat_smile: there are 3 gears parts on the shatf … I’m little lost :sweat_smile:

i will take you some pictures later an post them. I have one feeder out of the AMS and it is waiting to get repaired.

3 Likes

that will be fabulous! many thank’s! :heart_eyes:

Unfortunately i will not be able to take some pictures, but maybe this guide will help you until i can take the pictures?

it’s a shame because I don’t know what to glue :sob:… the 3 yellow gears or just one of the three? But thank you anyway for taking the time to help me. :blush:

You have to remove the left an the right gear, clean them and after this you should glue them at the metal.

The left small gear is not cleand, you can see the black lubricant/dirt. Clean the inside of the small gears and then glue them at the shaft (a little glue).

But be careful and use the correct orientation!

1 Like

Thank you a lot! it’s very nice :+1: :+1: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :innocent: