Anyone used the V3 hotend from AliExpress?

Hi all,

Seen some people using V2 but curious to see if anyone had used the V3?

I’m curious about getting of the these to allow to easy nozzle swapping. Was curious if these are any good.

Thank you.

I have one version, not that one specifically. So far I’m having no issues. They sell some of them on Amazon as well.

1 Like

I am interested as well. Not so much because I could print a little bit faster, but with the hope that changing the nozzle (switching between 0.4 and 0.6) would be easier.
Question: any experiance? Could this be done without demounting the hotend? Which steps are necessary for such a switch?

Should be same as with a V2: Just use the included wrench to unscrew the nozzle and then screw in the new one. Power can be on, theoretically you could do it in a pause in the middle of a print.

Thank you!
But I think in the middle of a print is no good idea :grinning: Because its is likly necessary to move the head by hand and than I dont know what happens when continuing.
I wished that BL would offer such hotends. And then add the type to studio so we could directly select the settings.

1 Like

If you go down this path it’s totally worth getting a fancy pants nozzle torque wrench (1.5N or whatever is recommended in this instance) to go with it. Once you try one, you’ll never want to do without.

I have those new 3.0 on both my X1 and P1. Its much improved over the 2.0 which i ran for 6 month. The cooling is much better, and cured my heat creep issues. Also the heater is a bit stronger at 60-70w.

How do you detect heat creep?

With heat creep you get throat and extruder clogs.

Any other good options for quickly switching from 0.2-0.8?

7mm and 4mm wrenches and a box 4mm driver. 30 second job

1 Like

Dont cheap out on the tools either… get come quality ones.

do you still use the little fan from the stock one or it can be use without a fan? Just asking because I saw few comments on aliexpress saying that with the fan the had few heat drops

Primarily shows up as extruder blockages. The filament premelts before the nozzle

What about not being able to PID tune these hot ends? Do they keep a stable nozzle temp with varying flows?

Yes a fan for the heat break is mandatory.

I have a V1.0 with both plain and CHT nozzles (in various sizes). Can I still use these nozzles with the 3.0?

Yes all nozzles are the same :+1:

1 Like

Mine just arrived today. Haven’t put it in yet because my original hotend is still going strong at over 500 hours.

I used a dual extruder machine for having different nozzle sizes…
Simply because it is NOT that easy to switch nozzles, despite what manufactures try to tell us.
There is a great system that has a silicone ring around the nozzle, allowing for a tool free change while their nozzles are claimed to be machined with tight enough tolerances that you won’t have to re-calibrate the distance between nozzle and bed.
Still have two hotends waiting to be used, so I have not tried these new ones.

If you change the nozzle between prints it is no big deal if you heat it up a bit and use proper tools.
Many people wreck their hotends only because they failed to secure the things they work on in their original position.
I found a neat way to make this task a bit easier:
Use a bit of teflon tape to cover the thread but leave the first twist free so you won’t get it into the nozzle when screwing it in.
A single layer will do and makes the removal VERY easy as instead of plastic creeping into the threads the tape will seal them off and provide lubrication.
Silicone oil works as well but you need to be VERY careful as the last thing you want is to contaminate the inside of the nozzle or hotend with the stuff.
I use a thick needle and a tiny drop of silicone oil.
With the nozzle on a wire I then spin it to let the oil go around the thread and wipe off with a lint free cloth to leave just a film on the metal.

As for the V3 I don’t think they are much different to the V2.
The V2 works fine here for quite a while now and provides a higher flow rate as well compared to the Bambu one.