Auto eject/repeat print concept

Hello,

First post here. I have a P1S and completely love it. I have an unusual scenario I am looking to tackle and interested in any feedback or suggestions.

Here is what I want to accomplish. I have a print that is basically a 6 1/4” (160mm) circle that I need mass produce as in the thousands. What I am thinking is I purchase 2 A1 minis to print them on since the size of the print makes it impossible to even print even 2 on my P1S but the A1 minis are perfect to fit one. The print can’t be adjusted to print in any orientation but flat.

Here is the problem. The print takes approximately 1 hour to print and I don’t want to be glued to my printers removing the part and starting the print again. I have researched “print farm” applications (3dque, simplyprint, maybe there are others) that have the function to sweep the print off the bed and start up another print (in beta version). These programs have a lot of features I don’t really need and there is a monthly cost using them.

Here is my idea/concept. It maybe completely stupid and impossible but if it is possible it would be amazing. I am not super familiar with this kind of stuff.

I believe that the sweep function for the A1 mini is possible based on 3dques video and other gcode modifications I have come across:

A1 mini sweep off print

Project to automatically remove parts from build plate - Bambu Extension Board - Bambu Lab Community Forum

My question, is it possible to add gcode at the end of the print to code for the cool down? Is there a good way to do this?

I believe the above is possible but the next problem is starting up the next (same) print. I have an idea that I am not sure if it would be possible. Say I take the gcode for my print and add the cool down/sweep gcode to the file and once that is done it goes back home. Would it be possible to just copy the entire gcode and just paste it back to back how ever many times I would want to print it. So it would warm up, print, cool down, swipe, home, then warm up, print, cool down, swipe, home…. Etc. This may not be possible but if it is it would be a game changer for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

If something like this or something similar is not possible, then likely I will have to purchase a print farm service.

Thanks!
Ryan

1 Like

First, that A1 mini video where the use of the print head to knock off a tiny model is not only pointless, it’s irresponsible. It will only encourage newbies to damage their equipment. I dare someone to try that with a model that is let’s say 60x60x30mm and let’s see how far they get. :yum: After they rip off their nozzle and cause irreparable damage to the gantry mechanism, we’ll all laugh at their expense.

However, the notion of building an automated print bed is one that has been around for quite a while.

Here’s one such video for Thomas Sanladerer.

But when he made this video two years ago must have been get more viewers or he forgot to do his research because Creality and many others has had this product for some time now. now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093FH5NFR/

Here’s an article that delves into some of the market solutions that are currently out there.

Olias,

Thank you for the reply. I understand your concerns with using the head to remove the parts and I have them as well. I would like to say that the parts that I would like to remove while are 6 1/4” in diameter, they are hollow with only about 1/2” of the perimeter touching the build plate and the entire part is only 25 grams. I would be using the textured plate that from my experience with the P1S, the part will likely completely separate from the bed once cooled. Using other plates or printing larger parts, damage to the printer would be a bigger concern for me but at this point it’s a risk I’m willing to take. I plan on as well having the printer slightly slanted to assist part removal even through that may also cause some problems. I’m sold on Bambu printers and would like to stay with that brand. I didn’t realize there were commercially available printers that removed the parts as I only came across mods but the price is constrictive for the growth I’m looking to reach. With the A1 mini, my plan is to add a printer or 2 as often as I need to to meet demand. The price and size is perfect for what I’m trying to do. At least I believe.

I see at 17:08 in the YouTube video he talks about how he combined g codes for his continuous prints. That is something I’m considering if it would work (with bed sweeping in between. Thanks!

Stringing together multiple prints into one gcode file, with some G4 delay commands in between should work.

I would not be keen on knocking off prints with the nozzle - so would probably print some sort of addon to fix to the extruder.

Stacking multiple prints on top of eachother is another approach that works for some models.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing these insights mate as I found it very much useful and informative.

Thanks for the input. I will avoid hitting the nozzle and if I need to print a guard I will. Based on what I have read I am confident that I can alter the machine end g code to include the sweep off function and I can duplicate the files for the amount I would like to print at one time. I have never done this before but it seems pretty straightforward and I will take baby steps. I just purchased an A1 mini to test out my idea. Hopefully it works. If I have any questions I’ll post and if I have any results I’ll share them.
Ryan

Hei there :smiley:

Did you get it to work? I am also verrryy interested to get something like this up and running fast!!

:smiley:

Hello,

I got my A1M setup but haven’t been able to explore the auto eject concept yet.

I have found in this thread the code in order to do it. A1M eject code

I think it may not be fully complete but I am planning on starting with it and see how it goes. There is also a link in that thread to stitch files together to repeat prints. Something I will probably also try.

Based on what I’m reading I think I will avoid any code for waiting for bed to cool down and just figure out a correct duration to wait before executing remove movements. But with everything I’ve seen, it should work.

Thanks
Ryan