Bambu Firmware Bug Reporting Thread

Problem: Retrying failed print uses wrong filament, and doesn’t send report
Firmware Version: 01.05.02.00
Printer: Bambu Lab X1-Carbon
Steps to reproduce:

1. Load 2 spools of filament to AMS - same type, different color. For example white PETG to A2, black PETG to A3
  2. Start print of anything with black PETG (A3 slot)
  3. Stop the print
  4. In the dialog, select for example “spagetti failure”.
  5. Click Retry/Print again

Now there are 2 bugs:

1. The Retry button doesn’t seem to send error report (because the one that gets higlighted in this case is only “Submit”). But when it failed, I obviously want to report it and print it again. Whenever there is any “error” checked by user, report should be sent out even when user clicks Retry instead of Submit.
  2. After clicking the Retry button, white PETG (slot A2) is selected. Like, really? I want to retry failed print, and it prints it in different filament? Please use the same filament as before, when user clicks Retry button.
1 Like

Problem: Wrong icon when downloading updated firmware
Steps to reproduce:

1. When new firmware is available, download it.
  2. The printer, on it’s display, shows “Downloading”, but the icon has arrow pointing up, as if it’s actually uploading something to the server?
  3. When anything is being downloaded, the correct icon is arrow pointing down, not up.

Problem: Humidity information from AMS is missing in MQTT
Steps to reproduce:

1. Update to latest firmware
  2. Humidity doesn’t show up in MQTT messages
1 Like

Problem: “Generic PLA Silk” keeps reverting to “Bambu PLA Silk”
Firmware Version: 01.05.02.00 (latest at this time)
AMS Version: AMS1 00.00.06.32
Printer: Bambu Lab X1-Carbon with AMS

Steps to reproduce:

1. Navigate to the Configuration section, select the Filament tab
  2. Tap the edit button of an AMS slot (the stylized pen icon)
  3. For the manufacturer, select Generic, then for the material select PLA Silk
  4. Press the green Confirm button
  5. Wait ~5 seconds
  6. Tap the edit button again for the same AMS slot
  7. The manufacturer has changed to Bambu, the material is still PLA Silk
  8. Open Bambu Studio and sync filaments
  9. Bambu Studio shows the AMS slot as containing Bambu PLA Silk, NOT Generic PLA Silk as selected

This is 100% reproducible. It seems impossible to keep Generic PLA Silk as a filament type. In case it matters, I tested this on AMS slot 4, the right-most (haven’t tried any other, I’d like to keep my config).

Pressing Reset before selecting manufacturer and material does not fix the issue, it still changes to Bambu PLA Silk after a few seconds.

I’m a new user of the X1 Carbon, and I’ve noticed that if I have it homed (for example after a print), and just leave it powered on for some time, it seems to have lost the homing information, so when trying to jog any axis, it will show that popup warning about homing.

This is somewhat annoying, and I’m not sure why it does this. Is it because all motors are turned off after some time, so you’re afraid that axes have been moved manually? For the X and Y that is a valid concern, but not so much for Z. It would have been good if it would allow jogging the Z axis without that warning, even if it has been sitting there (with power on) for some time.

1 Like

Problem: HIPS cannot be selected on printer
Firmware Version: 01.05.06.62 (but also on earlier versions)
Printer: Bambu Lab X1-Crabon
Steps to reproduce:

1. Put a spool of HIPS filament into the AMS (optional)
  2. Click the edit button to edit the filament type
  3. Try selecting HIPS, it’s not listed.

Other information:
It is possible to select HIPS in BambuStudios Device tab and sync it to the printer. The problem is just that Generic HIPS cannot be selected on the printer display itself.

Problem: Cannot resume print after first layer defects detected
Firmware Version: 01.06.00.00
Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a print
  2. Wait for calibration, and first layer to print
  3. If first layer defects are present the print will stop and message appears asking to resume with buttons (pause, stop close)
  4. Since there is no resume button i try to pause
  5. Pause button does nothing except make message go away and now print is stuck with no way to resume.
  6. Only way to avoid is to completely disable first layer inspection

Other information:
Happens both for files sent to printer and those printed directly from Bambu Studio.

I can provide a screenshot of the message if required but it wont allow embedding them in this forum post.

Having same issue. cannot resume after 1st layer error bcs no “resume” button on display, IOS App, or studio!?!
Can only stop job. This started after latest updates to firmware 00.00.06.32 and bambu studio 1.7.2.51

No clue how to get the cool format with the Problem etc, I reported it as a ticket.

Problem: Printer bricked after installing new firmware (twice, 2nd new one today) - Tries to retract non existent filament from system - status showing white - that there is no filament in system
Virmware Version: latest as of 8/4/2023
Printer: Bambu Lab X1-Carbon with AMS
Steps to reproduce:
Turn on printer.
Start a print, or select load filament
It pulls out the first spool (A0) which after the first time is already unloaded, and issues a message.

Status shows that the sensor is correctly reporting white dot indicating that it knows that the filament is retracted already, so clearly a firmware bug.

Also, it started when I ‘upgraded’ to the latest firmware. Selecting the option to roll back to the firmware from before doesn’t work… Because, apparently, that option was never implemented in spite of rollback being a critical idea in all software development projects… oops there… Please allow me to select that in the future!

I ran into an issue similar to the “Missing resume button when first layer inspection was abnormal” on the latest firmware with a fix for that issue.

Problem: Cannot resume from a pause added in Bambu Studio
Firmware Version: 01.06.01.00
Steps to reproduce:

1. Slice a file
  2. Insert a pause at the start of layer 2
  3. Print the file
  4. Wait for the printer to pause
  5. There is no resume button, only a pause button which doesn’t do anything.

1.06 .01 - MQTT Broken?

Problem : MQTT not reporting status info
Firmware Version : 01.06.01
Printer : Bambu Lab X1-Carbon
Steps to reproduce :

My X1C just updated to 1.06.01, after being powered down for a couple of weeks. I’ve not tried a print yet but I have noticed that all my MQTT monitoring is broken.

Pointing MQTT Explorer at the printer I can see that the “report” Topic now repeatedly cycles between three states:

{}

{"print":{"bed_temper":16.0,"command":"push_status","msg":1,"sequence_id":"695"}}

Full condition state, including AMS, temperatures, fan speeds, etc.

Is this by design?? If so it’s a complete pain in the ass, as I’ll have to rethink my plans for deploying a multiple X1C print farm. If it’s a bug, please fix it!

If I cancel a print the printer holds on and stays in the last position, goes not in the parking position.

Problem: After cancel a print the printer doesn´t goes in the parking position.
Steps to reproduce:

1. print a file
  2. cancel the print
  3. the printer only holds on

Problem: Z-axis motors still grinding after a firmware upgrade that supposedly fixed this issue
Steps to reproduce:

Note: reposting this bug report as a reply on the Bug Reporting thread as my new post with the same tags does not show up here.

1. Start with the build plate at the bottom
  2. Send a plate to the printer
  3. Cancel using the control panel after a few seconds, while the hot end is heating up
  4. Before taking any other actions, send a sliced plate to the printer

Log file:

I have the log file, but the forum will not allow .tar files to be uploaded. What is the procedure for this?

Problem : After hot fix installation, printers only work at about 50% of the usual speed
Firmware Version : 01.06.01.00
Printer : Bambu Lab X1-Carbon with AMS

a model that I just printed took only 37 minutes. While installing the hot fix, I adjusted a few details and re-sliced ​​after installation. suddenly the printer needs 1:47 for almost the same model.

Problem: Humidity information from AMS is missing in MQTT
Steps to reproduce:

1. Update to latest firmware
  2. Humidity doesn’t show up in MQTT messages

Two minor bugs I have seen with the latest firmware for the X1C with AMS (01.06.01.00):

When an AMS spool becomes empty there is a few minutes of printing while there is still filament in the extruder. During this time the X1C display (and also Bambu Studio) show the AMS spool as empty (correctly), but filament shows as feeding from the external spool holder (incorrectly). The attached photo shows AMS spool 2 run out and black filament suddenly showing as coming from the external spool holder.

The second bug shows up if the model being printed finishes while the above situation exists, ie the filament has run out of the AMS spool, but there is still filament left being used up at the extruder. The printer tries repeatedly to purge and wipe the nozzle and never stops the completed print. The only way out is to cancel the print manually (although this isn’t a big problem as the print is complete provided an operator is present to do this. Although I’m not sure of the consequences if the printer is unattended. The attached photo shows this situation. Note the print bed is cooling down (from 55C for a PEI plate), but the print is not showing as finished.

I let this scenario happen once before too. I still had three feet of filament left in the ptfe tube but the print was finished. It continued to purge the remaining filament and knocking this waste down the chute. When it was empty then it finished the print gracefully.

The reason the bed was cooling off was because it was finished with the bed. But still needed to empty the filament in the tube.

Saying all that i could be wrong. :man_shrugging::crazy_face:

1 Like

This is driving me insane! No resume button on the desktop app or Android app, wasting precious time and filament! Upset about this bug that shouldn’t have made it to production.

Problem: Load/Unload Filament disabled on Pause Defined in Slicer, Cannot Resume Print
Firmware Version: 01.06.03.00
Software - PC Bambu Studio - Win64 - 1.7.4.52
Software - Mobile Bambu Handy - Android - 1.2.6
Steps to reproduce:

1. Slice print in Bambu Studio with a pause on 2nd layer
  2. Send print to printer
  3. Wait for 1st layer to complete
  4. Observe that printer performes 1st layer check, then pauses.
  5. Observe that notification of pause appears on printer screen.
  6. Close notification on printer screen.
  7. Navigate to Controls → Filament on printer screen.
  8. Observe that Unload and Load options are grayed out.
  9. Navigate to Home on printer screen.
  10. Observe that only Pause and Stop options are available. (no resume)
  11. In Bambu Studio (PC) observe that Unload option is grayed out and only Pause and Stop controls are available.
  12. In Bambu Handy (Android) observe that only Pause and Stop controls are available.

Additional Info:
This bug was not observed in 01.05.02.00, was observed in 01.06.00.00, was not observed in 01.06.01.00, and has again appeared in 01.06.03.00.