Bambu Firmware Bug Reporting Thread

Still a problem as I watched and listened to my build plate grind at the bottom yesterday.

Yup. However, I have started using a workaround, as a fix seems far off.

The problem is that the bed goes down before going up. This makes sense at the top, but obviously not when it is already at the bottom. So, when I notice that the bed is all the way down before starting a print, I manually move the bed up about 30mm or so. Ignore the warnings about needing to home the printhead first, and just keep hitting the ā€œupā€ button until it is 30mm or so off the bottom. Then start the print as usual and everything will be fine.

We shouldnā€™t have to do this, but Iā€™d rather do that than listen to the motor grinding. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

1 Like

Trying to upgrade from 01.00.00.00 to latest firmware release and keep getting ā€œupdate Failedā€ on my P1P (download status never goes past 0%). I can confirm there is connectivity as I can send prints from Bambu Studio as well as initiate the update from the Handy App. Over 24 hours now and still no update. Is there firmware server down?

1 Like

Iā€™m one of the users who wants to move the axes before homing, like if a print has completed and I want to bring it so itā€™s all in view of the camera so I can make sure everything looks okay. It would be nice to have the option that if the camera feed is active, we can assume (hope?) the user isnā€™t being a bonehead and only show that error message once.

When Iā€™ve tried to move the ben this way and have accidentally hit the ā€œhomeā€ option instead of the ā€œcloseā€ and the printer has tried to go through a homing process with a previous print on the build plate, thatā€™s been worse than me manually moving the build plate 10mm at a time while watching the camera feed. Once youā€™ve clicked home, thereā€™s no way to interrupt that, either.

Iā€™ve also noticed the same as @mroek with the printer ā€œforgettingā€ its home position when itā€™s done nothing at all since it had been homed.

[quote=ā€œBambuLab, post:1, topic:69ā€]
Problem: First layer spaghetti fail after resuming ā€œno plate locator foundā€
Firmware Version: 01.05.02.00
Printer: Bambu Lab X1-Crabon
Steps to reproduce:

1. Load PETG filament
  2. Apply build plate 1mm too far to the right
  3. Get locator not found error
  4. Wait 2 minutes to notice error
  5. Resume print

What happens during step 4 is a plastic leakage buildup on the nozzle. When resuming the print, it does bed Z calibration with junk on nozzle, resulting in floating spaghetti first layer.

Suggested fix: when resuming for build plate locator error, automatically do another nozzle wipe before bed leveling / Z calibration.

Whenever I use the unload filament feature, the head goes all over the place, then attempts to cut the filament, but it doesnā€™t go forward far enough so instead of cutting the filament if rams itself into the piece sticking out. The filament will then not pull out, instead I have to manually push down the filament cutter when its attempting to cut, then Iā€™m able to pull the filament out. So far Iā€™ve tried a factory reset, homing the printer before I unload, and recalibrating it, nothing has worked. What makes it even stranger is that it will always do this the first time I unload, but every once in awhile on my third or fourth attempt it will go forward far enough to cut the filament. Iā€™ve had this printer for about a month, and itā€™s done this since day one, I just never had the time to try and fix it, any help is appreciated, Thank You!

1 Like

I noticed a serious issue in 01.04.02.00, latest P1P/S firmware. Something is wrong with either the flow or bed leveling as I donā€™t get bed adhesion with the latest. I reverted back to 01.04.01.00 and it is now printing fine. No other changes on the sliced file or anywhere else; it seems like something is off with bed leveling in the latest firmware.

There is also a Reddit thread tracking this, but I canā€™t post it since this forum doesnā€™t let me post links.

P1S 01.04.02.00
Installed fine. Rebooted after install. after 2nd print, bed bottomed out when starting a new print and kept trying to move down, making a very loud grinding noise, until I shut the printer off.

Powered on and started an autocalibration. Bed still bottomed out making that horrible grinding sound again as it kept trying to drive down, but after 5 seconds moved up halfway and stopped. Calibration progress stuck at 0% for 15 minutes. Turned the printer off started an autocalibration again, and this time it worked.

Problem: Refresh AMS Filament Info reports Busy
Firmware Version: 01.06.05.01 (AMS 00.00.06.40)
Bambu Studio::
Steps to reproduce:

On Bambu Studio

1. Navigate to Calibration, Flow Dynamics, and Calibrate one or more Filaments
  2. Wait for Calibration to finish
  3. Loading a new spool into the AMS doesnā€™t refresh the filament info. Manually attempting a refresh reports the AMS is busy.

Work around:

1. Navigate to filaments on the printer and load a filament already in the AMS into the hot end.
  2. Unload the hot end.
  3. Manually refresh the spool info.
1 Like

Problem: Multi-Filament Calibration 2nd Line Arbitrarily Low Factor K
Firmware Version: 01.06.05.01 (AMS 00.00.06.40)
Steps to reproduce:

On Bambu Studio

1. Navigate to Calibration, Flow Dynamics, and Calibrate 4 different filament colors. In this case, the following were loaded:
    A1: Bambu PLA Basic (Blue)
    A2: Bambu PLA Matte (Black)
    A3: Bambu PLA Matte (Green)
    A4: Bambu PLA Basic (White)

2. Wait for Calibration to finish

3. A1, A3, A4 Factor K appears normal, between 0.019-0.023, however A2 is off (0.014).
    Also important to note, thereā€™s a zit on the final calibration line (2nd line from the bottom on the black filament calibration)

** Work Around **
Performing a calibration of the filament in A2 individually and without others yields the correct value, in my case 0.019, as well.

1 Like

One more note on the bed bottoming out, went to lift the plate to clean underneath it and I got a Z axid not homed message. Why did this not crop up before. So it would seem the firmware update caused the printer to lose the Z axis home setting, and it didnā€™t ask me to set it again, nor was it set during the calibrationā€¦

Problem: Reproduceable ā€œThe current build plate is not the same as in G-codeā€ warning message
Firmware Version: 1.06.05.01
Steps to reproduce:

Please have a look at the detailed documentation and how to reproduce the warning / error: The current build plate is not the same as in G-code

Log file: -
Other information: -

I am having this issue very severely on my X1C! I now have deep scrapes diagonally across a brand new PEI Plate on both sides. I had to replace my nozzle and extruder and did a recalibrate. And now it smashes the head on the sides front and than will go diagonally across the bed digging the nozzle in the plate. What the ā– ā– ā– ā–  is going on???

I had this issue a lot until I noticed that I was not getting the plate in quite right. If you are not careful the mag pulls the plate down slightly above either one of the rear stops. Instead of being centered and below the lips of the back orientation corners. If it is above one even slightly, it will give this message as that end is a slight bit higher. It is almost imperceptible.

Nope. Not the problem. As stated, it ONLY has happened on tall objects, and only since the last firmware update. I ALWAYS check the rear stops when I insert a plate.

The only other thing is a small bit of debre has gotten into one of the bearing wells of the plate. I had this exact thing happen and yes right after a prior update, but, it that started being hit or miss. When I did a complete through cleaning I found some little bits of filament trash that had found its way down in those areas. they will come out and in by the fans and by it going up and down. I even had some in the middle some how. But there are some issues with calibration for sure in the firmware! You should count yourself lucky, My x1 has been taken out of service as after calibration from a hot end and extruder swap it now beats its self on all corners and has dragged the the nozzle across both sides of a new PEI plate gouging both sides. After it said calibration complete!!! These are pretty on the edge machines, like a BMW. great when new, but a little wear, makes them funky. A lot of this forum stuff is due to them not knowing the answers, they get those from us. And there is a bad side to that.

Problem: Filament selection not working when printing from mobile app
Firmware Version: 01.06.05.01
Steps to reproduce:

1. Start printing from mobile app
  2. Set PLA filament in slot A1 of ams
  3. Print
  4. Print start with PVA filament in slot A2

Other information:
Started a print from mobile app in microsd cache print section, selected the filament in slot 1, the printer started printing with the filament in slot 2, tryed 2 times to start that print but the error was the same.

Hi there, did you ever get this resolved? Seems to be the same problem Iā€™ve been having for a few weeks now.

Problem: No recovery from programmed Pause after 1st layer, 2-colour print
Firmware Version: 1.06.05.01
Printer: Bambu Lab X1C
Steps to reproduce:

1. In Bambu Studio slice a file with 2 colours in layers 1 and 2 (in my case embedded text) in two separate objects (in my case a box and its slide on lid)
  2. In Bambu Studio insert Pause at layer 2 and layer 3 to enable visual examination of 1st and second layer quality to possibly brush away any wisps of PETG.
  3. Send to printer and print.

After layer 1 the printer pauses with the following screen, but no Resume button appears either on the printer screen or on my desktop. I suspect a faulty state design where pause for filament change gets mixed in with user inserted Pause. I could not recover.

Log file: Export the log file following this guide :
Exported log file but Discourse wonā€™t allow me to upload.
So hereā€™s a link instead: 231211 18-54 X1C log file.tar
(You need to smarten up the workflow for this, guys, this was a bit of a process to get together.)

You should update to the latest firmware. you are a few versions back. 1.7.00.00 is the latest. then run a full calibration. not sure it will fix your issue. but it will make your printer quieter.