Bambu Handy Bug Reporting Thread

We are committed to delivering the best user experience trough our Bambu Handy mobile app, and we appreciate all the help we can get from you in reporting bugs that might be missed from our trusty development and QA team.

This thread is dedicated to bug reporting, so if you want to help, please share a single post in this thread following this example template:

Problem: Bambu Handy live-view is not working
Bambu Handy Version: 1.0.5
Platform: iOS
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Bambu Handy
  2. Start the live-view.
  3. Notice that the live-view does not start

Screenshot: uploaded a screenshot of the section where the problem occurs.
Other information: iOS 16, iPhone 13 Pro Max

It is very important to share as much information as possible when posting a bug report. It will greatly help our development team in finding out the root cause of the problem and apply the necessary patches/improvements quickly.

Besides that, every user that reports bugs will be granted the “Bug Reporter” badge!

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

IOS Version 1.06 Bambu Handy

The app continues to be unable to view any recorded time-lapse videos, giving the error messages on the attached screenshots.

Occasionally (very occasionally), the videos will show after power cycling the printer or on a card that might have been recently formatted.

This occurs whether or not the IOS device is on a shared local network or remote. I’ve also tried this on two different iPhones and an iPad, all with the same errors.

with my iPhone (13 mini) it works and Android well.
maybe it is the firmware? I use the beta firmware

Last night I power-cycled the printer and after that, I could see a selection of videos. However, after clicking on anyone showed percentages loading all the way to 100% but then the video never loaded.

This morning it’s back to the error messages I originally posted.

Problem: Bambu Handy live-view never works with P1P
Bambu Handy version: 1.0.6
Platform: Android 13 (Pixel 5, Galaxy Tab S7 FE)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Bambu Handy
2. Start the live-view
3. Live view never loads, only receive an error message “connect failed”

Problem: Bambu Handy will not let me choose a printer when reprinting from my history.
Bambu Handy version: current version as of 12/20/22
Platform: current version as of 12/20/22
Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open Bambu Handy
  2. Go to History
  3. Choose a job to reprint
  4. The app chooses one of my Bambu printers but doesn’t let me change the selection.
1 Like

Same issue. Bambu Handy says “Connect Failed” and Bambu Studio says “Missing LAN ip of printer”. It’s on the same network and I can ping the printer, but neither app can connect. Netgear Orbi mesh router setup, Mac mini running Bambu Studio and iPhone 14 running Bambu Handy.

1 Like

I still can’t get the camera to load in Handy, I just get connect failed message and nothing else. I opened a ticket weeks ago and Bambu just ignores me. Very disappointing!

Problem: Bambu Handy Notifications Not Working (Android)
Bambu Handy Version: 1.0.11
Platform: Android
Steps to reproduce:

I’m receiving notifications of all kind as expected on my iOS device(s) but never on my Android device. All notification permissions are enabled.

Screenshot: N/A
Other information: Android 13, I’ve seen a lack of muti-device notifications reported elsewhere but never mentioning the condition on Android only when it and iOS are being used in concert.

Problem: Wrong printer name on notification alert
Bambu Handy Version: 1.0.11
Steps to reproduce:

When I get a notification about a print being finished, in the alert that appears in iOS, the printer name is incorrect (it is not the current name but a previous one I set, or the default name the printer came with).

Screenshot: uploaded a screenshot of the section where the problem occurs.
Other information: iOS 16, iPhone 14 Pro Max

1 Like

Problem: No dots available when entering IP address
Bambu Handy Version: 1.0.13
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Bambu Handy
  2. Start the live-view.
  3. When not connected or the access code changed the prompt to enter the IP address and code pops up

Screenshot:

Other information: iOS 16.3.1, iPhone 13 Pro

I got it working by entering the IP address correctly in the bottom input field and copying it to the top one.

1 Like

On the Handy App, the App consistently shows the AMS is offline, If i open device on the Studio App the AMS is online and works fine. I have the latest version of the Handy App installed on my Android phone and the AMS is connected to a P1P. Other than this problem on the Handy App the AMS works well and integration between Studio and the Screen on the P1P have not given me any notable issues.

Problem: Bambu Handy unable to connect to X1C
Bambu Handy Version: 1.0.13
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Bambu Handy
  2. Go to the device tab
  3. Make sure you’re talking to the printer
  4. Switch networks
  5. Notice it ain’t doing anything. If it is, repeat steps 4-5.

Other information: iOS 16.3, iPhone 14 Pro Max. Several times a day, the Handy app on iOS seems unable to connect to my X1C until I log out of the app and back in. It seems to be related to changing networks (i.e. Home → Cell → Work → Cell → Home). Started a few days ago.

Problem: Bambu Handy excessively drains the battery
Bambu Handy Version: 1.0.14
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Bambu Handy
  2. Start the live-view.
  3. Notice the battery completely draining within 60–90 minutes on iPhone and 90–120 minutes on iPad. Without live-view, battery usage is normal.

Other information: iOS 16.4.1, iPhone 14 Pro, iPad Pro M1, display brightness set to ~30%

Update: no improvement on power consumption when video feed is active with latest version 1.1.0, I am afraid. The devices are still draining their batteries in no time and running awefull hot. :hot_face:

I just installed the Bambu Handy to prepare before I buy the x1c combo.
But the app is in German!??

Sorry, this forum doesn’t allow me to post any link, video or picture of the problem

It seems, that the App is using the first implemented language if yo have an unsupported language as system language.

You can change it to english: “Ich” (lower right icon) → “Einstellungen” → “Sprache” → “English-Englisch”

Thanx for the fast response!
I can’t find ** “Einstellungen” → “Sprache” → “English-Englisch”**

It looks like some sort of login page, but it’s in German so…

The workaround was to set my iPhone into English language