Bambu Lab Region Lock (China)

I’m also stuck with chinese firmware but getting chinese account still doesn’t able to bind my account, looks like we need to use VPN too. New error: from IOT_ERROR_REGION_LIMITED to IOT_ERROR_REGION_IP_LIMITED

You guys almost gave me a heart attack with the machines locked purchased online. I bought my A1 online from China and had it delivered to my courier in Hong Kong, the machine arrived at my home in South Africa yesterday and I am glad to say it is not network locked in any way.

I was worried if I purchased the machine in China and had it delivered to a Chinese address this may have been seen as a local supply having me end up with a regionally locked machine.

Same for me, its been 2 3 weeks i work on it. Im exploring the use of proxy, ill update if i get something positive. Losing hope

Honestly is a fail brand, is like buy a play station but u can not play online or something like that …

if i replace ap board with EU version it can bind with bambu handy?

I think it depends on if Bambu will validate the new AP board for that machine.

2 Likes

this company is not customer friendly

1 Like

Can you do a firmware update on a region locked printer?

no! I also asked the support in china they send me this

and no more response.

1 Like

No, that is actually the main problem. You are unable to update the firmware of the printer nor AMS.

Will VPN and a china phone number be enough to overcome this issue ?
i just want to update the firmware from time to time i dont want to use the Handy or WiFi functionality

i have to doble pay for the machine, got to pay shipping prices and loose all bambu oficial buy beneffits, not inocence, just my country is not cover for this brand … Im in colombia south america

They do not sell it to my country Colombia, then i have to get as i can, and i have pay the doble of the price and loose the advantages of official buy

1 Like

try my luck at support, support unable to support so I stuck at old firmware no way to upgrade to noise cancelling. Sadge

1 Like

Bambulab doesn’t ship to my country, Sri Lanka. The local stores only have China Mainland versions. Bambulab left us hanging there and Doesn’t seem to care about the issue.

We have no option left other than purchasing the China version. It’s unfair for to say that You don’t cover warranty/ restrict cloud services when you don’t even ship to those countries.

1 Like

Hi friends, I know online have some service available to unlock the region locked issues. I have no idea how to unlock it but you can search/looking at this service on internet with some fee.

1 Like

Do you have a link? I couldn’t find anything.

1 Like

Hey I’m from Srilanka as well and experiencing the same problem. Were you able to find a solution by any chase?

Welp completely out of luck. Newer version also lock IP too

In my case I have Chinese phone number and account login using chinese bambu handy still unable to bind

Update: Someone found a way to update firmware without binding and while on lan mode. I can confirmed this and my P1S now updated to 01.05.02
https://www.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/comments/19cebyg/firmware_update_via_mqtt_for_domestic_use/

1 Like