Bambu Studio 3D text not working?

Hello, Im having an issue with the 3D text function. No matter what I do, it doesnt actually put the text on the object. It just disappears into thin air after adding it.
NVIDIA_Share_EEmF98YtsH

Unchecking both boxes at the bottom of the menu worked for me when adding text at flat surfaces.

BR

NVIDIA_Share_fnJbXqwppi

Didnt work :frowning:

Do you see where it is after you apply it?

Here is my setting when i use text:

Maybe its a problem with your cad-model (surface)?

I honestly thing it disappears out of the build entirely. If you look at the first Gif, the pink dot (which i think is the text) shoots to either the top or the bottom of the Z axis

Did you try to add text at one of the other sides/parts? Do you have the same problems?

I am having the same problems on some objects in 1.5.0.61 on OSX13.
The text just becomes a modifier with size 0/0/0 and cannot be resized either.
On other parts it works great. Did not find a logical reason so far…

1 Like

What type of files do you use when having the problems? .stl .stp etc.?

looks like i can add some text to one of the other parts. but i am unable to add any text to that specific part at all

Do you use a stl-file? Maybe you can perform a model-check or mesh-check if you have an cad-software?

1 Like

I am using an 3mf file from Printables

1 Like

You want to change to “objects” and right click the text object you have added, give it a different colour for better visibility, etc.

20230320015142-7c011ad592.gif-2-mp4.com

If you watch my first gif, the pink (which is the text) shoots up to the top of the blue arrow and just disappears. its not that its not visible on the object itself.

i tried figuring it out on fusion 360 but i couldnt figure out how to model-check or mesh check. I thought i did it but when i re-exported it to bambu studio, nothing showed up

Can you then at least see the added text in the objects view ?

Nope, it acts like i cancel it

bambu-studio_MEj8mSJwTE

what if you start a new project, add a cube and go from there.

Hello,
i could add text at the box.

I used the 3mf and it worked for me. Did you try the .stp-file?

If it is not working, i could try to add it for you and send you the printable file.

hmmm, on a brand new project with a new download it works. but not on first one… interesting. wonder why

I see what the problem is now, If you have any modifiers added to your model, it places the 3D text outside the build plate (into space or something) and has an error and disappears.

1 Like