Bambu Studio no longer connects to printer

Just switched on my X1C and Bambu Studio cannot longer connect. Network connectivity is established. I can ping the printer, can see the open ports with Nmap, but BS says “Failed connect to the printer”. Already disabled and re-eenabled networking but without success.

I need to print! :frowning: Any ideas how to fi this please?

I’m using the latest BS and firmware.

ping 192.168.255.13
PING 192.168.255.13 (192.168.255.13): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.255.13: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=4.340 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.255.13: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=3.483 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.255.13: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=5.123 ms

nmap -Pn 192.168.255.13
Starting Nmap 7.93 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2023-02-16 08:03 CET
Nmap scan report for ***** (192.168.255.13)
Host is up (0.0054s latency).
Not shown: 998 closed tcp ports (conn-refused)
PORT STATE SERVICE
990/tcp open ftps
3000/tcp open ppp
Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.67 seconds

I’m also able to control the printer via MQTT (for example switching off the light) but BS and BH says “no response”.

2 Likes

Same, also down. Printer is very much on the network, just whatever cloud service endpoints its trying to hit aren’t up.

Also, was getting a 502 gateway error just trying to login to the forums, so something is up.

OMG…Bambu need to change this immediately. It cannot be that the customers are not able to use their product.

1 Like

I wonder if this is just a problem with the bambu cloud servers, as I too am now unable to connect to mine.

Morgen ich habe auch Verbindungsprobleme vom Bambu Studio zum X1C

I mean, I can print (FTPed a file to it locally), just the rest of the functionality is broken :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here, no connection… Cloud again down i guess. Its time to turn that damn cloud off and offer all features via direct LAN only.

1 Like

There is also a micro-sd card slot so we can always just do the old fashioned “walk the flash memory from the computer to the printer” routine.

Same problems here: no connection to my X1C via Bambu Studio and/or smartphone app.

For me this is a showstopper and I’m not willing to do that. From my point of view Bambu needs to change this behaviour. The point is that thís limitation was not communicated and therefore it was not considered when buying the product.

Just my 2 cents…

2 Likes

Thats not what i bought my X1C for. Just put the cloud features in the “LAN only” mode and leave me alone with the cloud bullshit.

True, but one (major) argument for buying was the “on the fly printing feature” because my X1C is located in the basement…

2 Likes

Same problem here, my X1 does not connect to the internet. Very annoying when you need the cloud.

To get it to work until they fix the cloud:

1. Set the printer to Lan Only mode from the settings on the printer.
  2. Log out of your account in the Bambu Lab Studio
  3. Go to Devices and select your printer from there → everything will work except the camera.
4 Likes

what about if you don’t have a LAN cable there… will it work via WIFI

I have 5 P1P’s. Three were printing overnight and they are fine. The two that were turned off overnight wont connect.

So

Yes, just take a picture of the LAN Only code in case you need it (I didn’t) and go to your PC to make it work.

stil does not want to connect, even with the code… it says, code not correct.
I wanted to print via SD, at printer said, can not print, upgrade the firmware… I’m on the latest.

edit, did change to original SLICER, been using Softfever… and now it is printig via SD… still can not connect via WIFI or LAN with the code

1 Like

Check your firewall and ensure Bambu Studio is not blocked in any way. I created manual rules for both inbound and outbound and gave it full access.