Bambulab noise cancelation status

In Stefans interview, Dr Tao mentioned, that X1 and P1 series will get also noise cancelation as A1 mini has.
Could someone provide more details what is the ETA? For example is this already tested in the recent X1 firmware betatest?
For me and I also suppose for many others, it is decision maker. Not everyone have an opportunity to put the printer into the garage. I would buy X1c even without noise cancelation if I am sure that it will be implemented soon. But I am already starting to be tired of waiting about updates.

The X1 and P1 already has a silent mode. The trade-off is that the machine runs at 50% speed.

5 Likes

That is not the noise cancelation MatejB mentioned. They are working on something simular as implemented on the A1.

1 Like

The fans are the loudest part on the X1C and P1 series printers. The A1 isn’t enclosed so doesn’t have an auxiliary part cooling fan or chamber regulator fan. I believe the MCU is passively cooled also. If you print with ABS or other filaments which don’t require the hotend, auxiliary or chamber fans, the noise is much less noticeable than printing with PLA, when all the fans are switched on. You can make the X1 quieter if you’re willing to replace the fans with better quality noctua ones and/or turn down the speed of the fans (or don’t use them, as they don’t do a lot honestly if you’re printing PLA or PETG)I don’t believe active noise cancellation will work without some additional sensors, so I wouldn’t hold your breathe on it being available on the X1C with just a firmware upgrade.

Disagree, the biggest noise of the X1 Carbon is the “singing” of the stepper motors.

1 Like

lol for sure this will be a selling point for the v2 for the small charge of an additional $500… I agree that most noise is from the drive system. I think some people got faulty fans. Its a cross between a crappy space lazer battle and a bad techno group. Or a 1950s movie robot with tourette syndrome and a stutter.

Fan noise isn’t concern for me. Fan noise is constant and doesn’t travel much through the walls.
For me the problem is that I live in apartment. I have shared walls with neighbors all around, I got good relation with them and I don’t want to disturb them with motor sound that travels even through the walls.

It’s the wrong printer for you then. Noise cancellation of the steppers is not going to make it quiet enough for you. If your heart’s set on a BBL, maybe an A1 would be better for your situation? There’s a good discussion on enclosure ideas in the forum. I don’t think you’ll be wanting to print engineering type filaments in an apartment anyway, there’s too many smells.

Many factors I guess. It depends on what material you’re printing with and how fast. And yes, I agree the fan noise when constant becomes less noticeable. For me, the AMS changing filaments is the thing I hear most when outside the room.

The latest update did a pretty good job of quieting the motors. It made a noticeable difference, but you do have to run the ~15-minute tune. I’m on X1C version 01.07.01.00. :+1:

With the new update, this printer is ideal for me. I am glad I bet on it during the Black Friday.