Bambulab P1P connection issues in fw ?1.04.01.00?

Hi, I have been having issues with wifi – the printer just disconnects every single time when I am printing, after some time. Did you encounter this same issue with wifi? The printer is visible in router, but cant ping to it, neither connect to handy/studio, as it is showing “offline” printer status.
For me, unlike others, download works great, but the cloud monitoring works for some time and then, mid print, the printer randomly diconnects from studio/Handy and only thing I can do is either re-bind the printer or turn it off and on back again… It happens only when printing, if I let the printer turned on idle, it works with no issues.
Interestingly, the printer shows that it is connected, the signal indicator is on 100%, but it really cant connect to Handy/studio.

HOW TO REPRODUCE THE BUG: Have the printer connected to Wi-Fi and then print something while monitoring it in studio/Handy app.

WHAT HAPPENS: The printer goes offline in studio/Handy app after some time while printing…

WHAT I’VE TRIED TO SOLVE IT: Reset the printer, rebind, forget wifi, reinstall latest update. Only solution that works is to revert to the previous version of the FW.

I have created a ticket, but no Answer for now. Thanks for replying and potencially solving the issue! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here! Mine keeps disconnecting while trying to print, while printing, just basically constantly loosing connection

2 Likes

Thanks for reply! I am now in process of solving it with bambu support, I will let you updated :wink:

1 Like

Any updates on this? Same issue w/ a brand new printer

1 Like

Hello, yes. So basically I have found out, that when you update to 1.3.0.0, there is probably some corruption happening on SD card. So I recomend:

1. MOVE THE BED DOWN (as it was during shipping, because it will crash to nozzle if you won’t, during initial calibration.)

2. RESET PRINTER AND REMOVE IT FROM HANDY APP.

3. TURN OFF PRINTER.

4. WHILE PRINTER IS OFF, TAKE THE MICRO SD CARD AND FORMATE IT to FAT32 (ms dos).

5. WHILE THE PRINTER IS STILL OFF, PUT THE MICRO SD BACK TO PRINTER.

6. TURN ON PRINTER AND BIND THE PRINTER TO APP USING QR CODE.

7. RUN INITIAL CALIBRATION.

8. AFTER THE PRINTER IS READY TO USE, JUST START SOME PRINT.

9. DURING PRINT IT WILL DISCONNECT, so you have to go to settings on printers display, locate your account, then click it and pick log out. Do the same for Wi-Fi, which you must forget on the printer. Also delete the device from Handy app. Then click on account on printer settings (it is showing now “not logged in”) and log in using QR code. You must do step 9 all during print.

10. AFTER YOU LOGGED IN DURING PRINT, it should work as normal (at least for me it does).

Also please, create ticket and let Bambulab know this issue, that way they will fix it.

Thanks!

@ChristoB @Kouric Try this and let me know here please. ^^^

Been encountering the same issue but wanted to make sure to validate the issue before opening a ticket. Issue occurs whilst in idle or when printing. Can turn the light on and see the progress of a print but unable to see the camera or send a file for printing. I watched the video feed go black and then a prompt saying it’s in LAN mode and verifying the IP and passcode. I’ve had prints that went on for a few hours without any issues, so this isn’t when it’s only printing or at least not for me.

I checked my router to verify that the P1P is no longer online, rebooting it will have it back online. Verified by checking router and being able to see the camera and sending a file for print. I veriified this with Bambu Handy, Bambu Studio and OrcaSlicer. Trying to disconnect it and reconnect it to the WiFi caused the printer to pause and would not continue whilst 2 hours into a 4 hour print which was rather irksome. The printer will show a good signal but whilst it’s not connected to the router at all

The issue can crop up anywhere between about a min to about 24 hours after rebooting (Turning the power off and back on at the switch behind the printer)

1 Like

@ReBootAlan Yes, this is exactly the same issue. Thanks a lot for posting! :smile:

I have the same issue(s). But I noticed, that the disconnect only occurs, if I work in Bambu Studio (new network plugin installed). If I use Orca Slicer (which is still using the old network plugin) no disconnect, all is fine.

1 Like

Wow, I actually didn’t tried orca slicer, since the new Bambu Studio 1.7 will become orca slicer, basically. It is possible that there is issue in there causing the issue. Please create a ticket and link this forum in the ticket and describe the issue, and your investigation. Thanks a lot for that info! :wink: I hope it will get fixed soon…

1 Like

I encountered this issue while using Orca specifically, as Studio wasn’t playing nice with Hardened Steel hotends although never uninstalled Studio during testing, as the issue was repeatable through the phone app. Did all that was requested of me through support and my logs indicated that when the WiFi channel changed, this is when the issue would occur and the P1P would lose connection. I set the channel from Auto to 4 in my router, as the channel 4 was the one that stood out in the logs and it has been about 36 hours so far without any disconnect.

Noting this down here as this may help others? Will give this till Sunday 7/30 and if the issue doesn’t return, I’d consider this resolved or at least for myself and hopefully others. I’ll obviously give a shout on here if it’s a pass or fail.

2 Likes

So the issue isn’t fully resolved. The printer did disconnecting again but this time it reconnects after a few minutes. When it came back online, I tried to view the camera but it didn’t work but it’s able to be sent a print, if the file is small enough to get there whilst it’s online. LAN on or off, it still doesn’t work, so it was a good go but this is just clearly a firmware issue and the sooner they accept and acknowledge this, own up to it, the sooner we can hopefully get a fix

2 Likes

@ReBootAlan Thanks for noting this here. I had tried this, as well as reseting my router… But it was only a temporary fix. I believe that they changed something in lan module (when introducing liveview everywhere) that causes it, because in previous FW the connection was stable.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for updates, so we know we are having same issue. What did the support said? Did they agreed that this is an FW issue?
Have you also linked this thread to let them know that there are more people?
Thanks again for helping solving this issue! :wink:

1 Like

Woke up this morning and every print was “Micro SD Card error”.

I downgraded to the prior version of printer firmware and it worked first time. I imagine it is related to this same issue.

1 Like

Well, thats strange, this actually dint happen to me, you can submit a ticket to let the bambu know, Thank you! :wink:

@ReBootAlan @print.in.3d @TimMeade @Kouric @ChristoB Hello, sorry for tagging you, but I have good news. It looks like in 1.04.00.00 FW the issue is no longer there (at least on my printer). Does still anybody have any problems with connection in 1.04.00.00? Thanks for reply and wish you all nice day! :wink:

In my situation its not the firmware but Bambu Studio. I slice a lot with Cura Slicer 1.63 (based on Bambu Studio) and the disconnection never happened. Back to Bambu Studio and the camera stops during printing.
Even with the new Studio 1.7.3.50 the problem exists.

2 Likes

I have encountered this issue after upgrading to 1.04.00.00. I’ve downgraded to 1.03.00.00 and so far the issue has not recurred.

1 Like

Okay, interesting, it ofc could be. Well, for me, the printer does disconnect even when I’m monitor it via Handy app and not studio. Thanks for answering! :wink: